Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Put yourself into their shoes. Honestly try to see things from their POV and let me know what answers you come up with. It's sad really.
    I doubt that I can. Not because I'm heterosexual but I'm not so worshipfully self-centered that I believe all other people must share my worldview and be denied their own. I'm pretty egotistical but not quite that egotistical.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I doubt that I can. Not because I'm heterosexual but I'm not so worshipfully self-centered that I believe all other people must share my worldview and be denied their own. I'm pretty egotistical but not quite that egotistical.
    When you can objectively see things from their POV - you'll know what Christ meant when he said to walk a mile in their shoes.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

When you can objectively see things from their POV - you'll know what Christ meant when he said to walk a mile in their shoes.
    I don't think He actually said that but Jack Handy did say this:

"Before you criticize someone be sure to walk a mile in their shoes. That way you'll be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes." :p

Banned

Sorry cant get my head that far up my ass. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I don't think He actually said that but Jack Handy did say this:

"Before you criticize someone be sure to walk a mile in their shoes. That way you'll be a mile away from them and you will have their shoes." :p
    The exact passage is not walk a mile in their shoes - but the sentiment is the same - Matthew 5:41.

Put yourself into their shoes. Honestly try to see things from their POV and let me know what answers you come up with. It's sad really.
    This is a symptom of a movement with deep doubts about itself and which is consumed by rage. Not satisfied by tolerance, gay activists demand an open embrace of their lifestyles and feel justified in attacking anyone, physically or verbally, who does not submit to their demands. They remind me of Islamists who demand that anyone who insults them be beheaded.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    This is a symptom of a movement with deep doubts about itself and which is consumed by rage. Not satisfied by tolerance, gay activists demand an open embrace of their lifestyles and feel justified in attacking anyone, physically or verbally, who does not submit to their demands. They remind me of Islamists who demand that anyone who insults them be beheaded.
    A fairly good analysis of how they are perceived by others - but not exactly how they see themselves or what they hope to achieve so - not their POV.

There are strong elements fo self doubt and self loathing in their perspective that need to be examined - a desperate desire to "belong" and for "acceptance" that should not be overlooked and being told over and over again by very flawed people that they are damned for their own flaws . . . .

A fairly good analysis of how they are perceived by others - but not exactly how they see themselves or what they hope to achieve so - not their POV.

There are strong elements fo self doubt and self loathing in their perspective that need to be examined - a desperate desire to "belong" and for "acceptance" that should not be overlooked and being told over and over again by very flawed people that they are damned for their own flaws . . . .
    There is an inherent contradiction in their view of themselves and others. They see themselves as outsiders and consider themselves superior to those who don't accept them, or think like them, but at the same time, they crave and demand that acceptance. As a result, they conduct themselves in an extremely contradictory manner, demanding that others embrace their lifestyle without any reservation, no matter how extreme their behavior, while showing complete contempt for those who do not live the same way that they do. This bit of lunacy in the church is an obvious example. A person who sincerely seeks to be accepted by a group won't deliberately flaunt his or her difference in front of them, attack their most cherished beliefs or try to shock them with their rejection of that group's values and morals. This isn't about a desire to belong, but a desire to be in control and feared. Their conduct reminds me of how the SS used to behave in synagogues, where they would humiliate the worshippers, desecrate the sacred objects and express their contempt through base scatological acts.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    There is an inherent contradiction in their view of themselves and others. They see themselves as outsiders and consider themselves superior to those who don't accept them, or think like them, but at the same time, they crave and demand that acceptance. As a result, they conduct themselves in an extremely contradictory manner, demanding that others embrace their lifestyle without any reservation, no matter how extreme their behavior, while showing complete contempt for those who do not live the same way that they do. This bit of lunacy in the church is an obvious example. A person who sincerely seeks to be accepted by a group won't deliberately flaunt his or her difference in front of them, attack their most cherished beliefs or try to shock them with their rejection of that group's values and morals. This isn't about a desire to belong, but a desire to be in control and feared. Their conduct reminds me of how the SS used to behave in synagogues, where they would humiliate the worshippers, desecrate the sacred objects and express their contempt through base scatological acts.
    I'm sure there is an element who see themselves a superior - but in my experience working with "gay" Christians - they don't see themselves as superior - they just want to be seen as equals. The problem is that people do not realize that the true root of a superiority complex is deep seated feelings of inferiority.

I'm sure there is an element who see themselves a superior - but in my experience working with "gay" Christians - they don't see themselves as superior - they just want to be seen as equals. The problem is that people do not realize that the true root of a superiority complex is deep seated feelings of inferiority.
    Here's the Wikipedia entry on Bash Back:

Bash Back! is a network of radical, anti-authoritarian queer projects within the United States. Bash Back! seeks to critique the ideology of mainstream GLBTQ movement, which the group sees as dedicated to obtaining straight privilege by assimilation into the dominant institutions of a heteronormative society. Bash Back! chapters employ direct action to confront capitalism and all interrelated forms of oppression, especially focusing on exposing the gay mainstream and the dangers of gay assimilationism and homonormativity. Bash Back! is noticeably influenced by the anarchist movement and other radical queer groups, such as ACT UP and Gay Shame. Many within the group also draw significant inspiration from events like the Stonewall Riots and the White Night Riots.
    In other words, these are people who see themselves as an elite, leftist vanguard that looks down its nose at gays who don't reject America. They aren't Christians, and in fact, hold Christians and other religious people in utter contempt, as demonstrated by their conduct at the church. Their response to disagreement is to confront, disrupt and threaten. BTW, if that sounds familiar, it should. This outfit was formed in Chicago in 2007. Anyone want to bet that they have ties to ACORN?
    --Odysseus