Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    My first house in Chicago was 1 1/2 miles west of Wrigley, just south of Addison. 2nd house was a touch further away, but only about 4 miles away. Attended probably 50-70 games at Wrigley, never once paid for parking.

The Cubs aren't even my favorite team, but I'm a rather enthusiastic baseball fan period. Hard to pass up that atmosphere, even when they were bad on the field. The former Mrs. & I even attended a couple of playoff games in 1998. Paid face value for the 1 game playoff to be the Wild Card ($17/each) and saw them get swept by the Braves when we bought scalped tickets for $45/each.

I'd suspect the prices are a lot more this go around. And yes, the neighborhood was crazy then pre & post game. Looked nuts there last night.
    I'm actually a little surprised by one thing. Ticket prices are going nuts. But I've been checking hotel prices for a laugh, they are dropping, even thou people are booking the city solid on the 28th when the Cubs and Indians play at Wriggly. I would say about 60% of the hotels are already booked solid now.
    Klaatu barada nikto

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    You got an extra $25k laying around for a seat Ralph?
    Klaatu barada nikto

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    You got an extra $25k laying around for a seat Ralph?
    Um, no. Not cashing in any retirement accounts. Gladly will watch from the comfort of home.

But I can advise people where to park without paying or getting towed!

You guys probably already know which Presidential-candidate was bandwagon-ing over the Pennant-win... posing with her iphone, mouth wide-open in joy as if she was streaming the game. Gimme a break...

Let's have a World Series void of ump-mistakes. I think MLB will luck-out on the weather... barely.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    You guys probably already know which Presidential-candidate was bandwagon-ing over the Pennant-win... posing with her iphone, mouth wide-open in joy as if she was streaming the game. Gimme a break...

Let's have a World Series void of ump-mistakes. I think MLB will luck-out on the weather... barely.
    It would have been for the Dodgers had they won. She's as fake as they come.

Anyone remember when she ran for her senate seat, and was suddenly a Yankees fan? Even Chris Matthews called her a fraud for that stunt.

On Hardball, Chris Matthews stated of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's baseball loyalties: "She went to the Yankees so that she could run for senator from New York. It's so obvious. Why is she -- doesn't she know she looks like a fraud?"
    Klaatu barada nikto

Think about this. The last time they won the World Series was 1908. More then 108 years ago. Kinda like Halley's Comet, a once in a lifetime event.

Chicago is still celebrating hard today. And ticket prices to a game for the World Series at Wriggly are topping Super Bowl prices. Some reports being upwards of $1500. a seat.
    I hate to break it to you, but $1500 hasn't gotten anyone into a Super Bowl in a long time. When the Titans were in the Super Bowl in the '99-2000 season, I saw tickets going for more than two grand for nosebleeds in the endzone. I know of at least two people who paid more than twenty grand a piece to be on the 50-yard-line for that game.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    I hate to break it to you, but $1500 hasn't gotten anyone into a Super Bowl in a long time. When the Titans were in the Super Bowl in the '99-2000 season, I saw tickets going for more than two grand for nosebleeds in the endzone. I know of at least two people who paid more than twenty grand a piece to be on the 50-yard-line for that game.
    Not according to Stubhub.

SI Wire
    Thursday January 29th, 2015

The only thing harder than playing your way into the Super Bowl might be buying a ticket.
    America's most watched sporting event isn't just a television ratings explosion; it's also an extremely expensive ticket. Face-value tickets to Super Bowl XLIX range from $500 to $1,000, according to internal sales data from Stubhub reported by ESPN
    Klaatu barada nikto

Think about this. The last time they won the World Series was 1908. More then 108 years ago. Kinda like Halley's Comet, a once in a lifetime event.

Chicago is still celebrating hard today. And ticket prices to a game for the World Series at Wriggly are topping Super Bowl prices. Some reports being upwards of $1500. a seat.
    Then they're not topping Super Bowl prices. Right now on Stub Hub the starting price is $3,350.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Then they're not topping Super Bowl prices. Right now on Stub Hub the starting price is $3,350.
    Unlike the Super Bowl, most fans who pony up the $$$ for the World Series are fans of one of the teams. And it could be 7 games, not just one. Corporate folks & NFL fans mostly fill seats who planned on going anyway to the Super Bowl.