Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 63
  1. #11  
    Senior Member jeskibuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    One thing I really find incredible is that R's still blame D's for the woes of the world after they have held the executive branch for the last 8 years, and 20 of the last 28 and the legislative branch for 11 of the last 14! But IT COULD NEVER BE THE FAULT OF THE REPUBLICANS. Jesus Christ.
    I would never say that all Republicans are faultless, but you've got to be pretty ignorant and/or stupid if you can't see fingerprints of the Democrats all over this colossal subprime mess. You've got to be a total fool to believe anything that liberals claim to be truth today.

    If the choice is between not-perfect people like McCain and GWB and total nutcases like Kerry, Gore, Pelosi, Reid, Franken, McKinney, it's a night-and-day choice, thank you!
     

  2. #12  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Riiight!!! The "good old days" with the DJIA off 25% and unemployment at 6.5%. The "good old days" with wireless wiretaps, violations of habeas corpus, and infringements on civil liberties in the name of security. The "good old days" with an America whose standing in world opinion ha sunk to eight year lows.

    Let's see if we're better off two years from now or now. I'm willing to bet the DJIA will be back above 12000, unemployment will be around 5.5%, and our foreign policy will have the backing of a much broader coalition.

    Bye, bye.

    Dream on but I will bet you $40 (loser contributes to CU) that the unemployment rate will be over 7.5% during the first 6 months of the Magic Negro's term.
     

  3. #13  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hartford, CT USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by jeskibuff View Post
    I would never say that all Republicans are faultless, but you've got to be pretty ignorant and/or stupid if you can't see fingerprints of the Democrats all over this colossal subprime mess. You've got to be a total fool to believe anything that liberals claim to be truth today.

    If the choice is between not-perfect people like McCain and GWB and total nutcases like Kerry, Gore, Pelosi, Reid, Franken, McKinney, it's a night-and-day choice, thank you!
    Poor, poor little Republicans. In control all those years, and unable to accomplish anything. Let's for argument's sake assume you're correct regarding intentions. If so, then why would I want to vote for anyone as incompetent as a bunch who have been in control for such a long time and have been unable to avert this crap?
     

  4. #14  
    Super Moderator BadCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In your dreams
    Posts
    15,616
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Poor, poor little Republicans. In control all those years, and unable to accomplish anything. Let's for argument's sake assume you're correct regarding intentions. If so, then why would I want to vote for anyone as incompetent as a bunch who have been in control for such a long time and have been unable to avert this crap?
    You didn't.
    You voted for Joe Lieberman...or at least that's what you said you were going to do.

    rm -rf obama*
     

  5. #15  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hartford, CT USA
    Posts
    2,024
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    You didn't.
    You voted for Joe Lieberman...or at least that's what you said you were going to do.
    Let's just say I didn't vote for either major party candidate.
     

  6. #16  
    Senior Member jeskibuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Poor, poor little Republicans. In control all those years, and unable to accomplish anything. Let's for argument's sake assume you're correct regarding intentions. If so, then why would I want to vote for anyone as incompetent as a bunch who have been in control for such a long time and have been unable to avert this crap?
    Poor, poor Cold Warrior. He doesn't understand that once an organization like Fannie Mae is in the pocket of Democrats, there's not a lot that Republicans can do besides try to fix the problem through legal methods. Republicans aren't authoritarians, otherwise, Franklin Raines might have been kicked out way before he did and justice would have Maxine Waters and her gang serving prison time.

    And let's just assume that all Republicans are incompetent as you say. Why in the world would you want to give psycho Democrats the power when you would be much better off with incompetence?
     

  7. #17  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    can we stop pretending like the dems did not filibuster and obstruct at every turn while the GOP had power in the congress?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member AlmostThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A Great Red State
    Posts
    1,920
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I second that. Americans are a bunch of whiny, poor me, the sky is falling, pathetic child like, cry babies. Those that state the country is going to hell in a handbasket probably did not go thru the late 70's and early 80's with high unemployment, high taxes (70% top rate), triple (18%) the interest mortgage rate of today's rate, inflation going thru the roof. The Magic Negro might bring us all of that change the dummies that voted for him hoped for. All those college grads might change their tune in a year or two when jobs might be hard to find. It could happen if the Democrats go on a tax hike and spending spree. The Abomination will begin in short order.
    I went through the 60's watching the war on TV every night, the early - mid 70's in the military, trying to buy gas or anything else in CARTER DAZE and then finally having Reagan bringing us back from the edge. CARTER DAZE may have been totally screwed up but there were still a number of moderate Democrats in Congress at the time. Pelosi, Reid and Obama all at the same time could be the perfect storm and what they could do scares the shit out of me. They take 60 in the Senate and get a couple SCOTUS appointments and Carter Daze will be the good old days we long for. I don't know how high inflation or unemployment or interest rates might get with this team. To be honest, that's only money. What they could do to the fabric of this society should scare the hell out of anyone.

    While I wasn't earning a living and supporting a family, I lived through the 91% tax rate of 1963.
    Last edited by AlmostThere; 11-13-2008 at 12:08 AM.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
     

  9. #19  
    CU's Tallest Midget! PoliCon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh PA
    Posts
    25,328
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    get a couple SCOTUS appointments . . . .
    Thing is - the odds for them changing the flavor of SCOTUS in the next couple of years are between slim and none. The walking dead on scotus are all from the left wing.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Member AlmostThere's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A Great Red State
    Posts
    1,920
    Scalia and Kennedy are both 72. That's not ancient but I'm not sure I'd call that slim to none. Souter may be pretty bad, but I'll bet the Left has someone more hardcore in the wings. Waking up every day for the next 4 years worried about the health of these men will definitely make for a long 4 years.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •