Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 From the wayback machine: "...AND A COP JUMPED OUT OF THE BUSHES..." 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Since some of the relative newbies may not have been around for this, I present the all-time classic:

RandomKoolzip(1000+ posts)
    Mon May-02-05 11:47 PM
    Original message
    So my boss was racially profiled last night....

My boss is an American Indian. Last night, he was walking home and happened, for some unknown reason, to zigzag while walking on the sidewalk to his apartment, and a cop jumped out of the bushes and stopped him from entering, then proceeded to browbeat him for twenty minutes for no ******* reason....I guess his pretense was that his irregular walking pattern made the cop think he might be a drunken burglar.

The weirdest thing about this story is that my boss, a couple years ago, was running down the street to return a video to Blockbuster on time (and he's an athletic guy, too, who enjoys running.)

A cop stopped him and questioned him for over an hour and was prepared to arrest him on suspicion of burglary...or for just having dark skin.

The kicker? It was the same cop, both times.

I am not making this shit up.

"You know something people? I'm not black, but there's a whole lot of times I wish I could say I'm not white." -Frank Zappa
    The entire thread is amusing as well. Several references to CU, which $kimmer never even deleted. Enjoy!

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Since some of the relative newbies may not have been around for this, I present the all-time classic:

The entire thread is amusing as well. Several references to CU, which $kimmer never even deleted. Enjoy!
    Classic thread.

RandomKoolzip Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue May-03-05 03:36 PM
    Response to Original message
    16. This is for the assholes at CU:

Yes, honestly, there was cop hiding in the bushes outside my boss's apartment. Cops do this shit. Just cuz you're white and have never experienced it doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Yes, I've read my share of somewhat bizarre "encounter with a freeper" stories that I don't always believe, but this actually happened.

Yes, this actually happened.

Do I need to say it again?

Yes, I am a liberal, so everything that I say is in doubt, unlike your leaders who never lie, exaggerate, or just make shit up.

But this story is true.

Yes, you are all dickless fuckwads with far too much time on your hands and, in all likelihood, excessive body odor. And you probably have "backne," too.

Yes, you must go fuck yourselves now.

PS:
    And.
    Your.
    Ideology.
    Is.
    Shit.

HAHA!!! Someone should pull up the thread about the guy who took a brick to his head!! And it is too bad we don't have good ole nightTrains old threads. And that looney tune, Marie333.

LOL I remember this! Good times, good times.
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oh ya Jumpy...Marie333 threads were always greyt one!!!:D

I'm glad you found that one. What a classic.
    I didn't have a saved link to it (but I will in a few minutes).

Here are a couple of other classics I had links to:

The DU 9/11/Rabbit Hutch Experiment: http://www.democraticunderground.com...topic_id=56836

DUer Inherits a "mixed animal" from an uncle that lives in the woods: http://www.democraticunderground.com...opic_id=624815

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    HAHA!!! Someone should pull up the thread about the guy who took a brick to his head!! And it is too bad we don't have good ole nightTrains old threads. And that looney tune, Marie333.
    Ohhhhh - I want to see that one!

Good times good times.

I wish the bouncy stories would continue to use the formula that they set up for better stories (cops, bushes, miraculous conversions, and "sticking it" to "Rethuglicans")

None of their stories are much good any more.

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbosus View Post

The DU 9/11/Rabbit Hutch Experiment: http://www.democraticunderground.com...topic_id=56836

]
    Good times.. This one is actually quoted on many sites and laughed at.

The cop jumped out of the bushes never gets old. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Verbosus View Post

DUer Inherits a "mixed animal" from an uncle that lives in the woods: http://www.democraticunderground.com...opic_id=624815
    The animal one is great too. That one had me laughing for days. Boy, now I'm longing for the good old days when DUers actually tried to impress instead of the lame stuff they crank out today.