Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbosus View Post
    The DU 9/11/Rabbit Hutch Experiment: http://www.democraticunderground.com...topic_id=56836
    Interestingly enough, on the very day that was posted on DU, all the major electronics retailers reported an unusual increase in computer keyboard sales and repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by x5060 View Post
    Good times good times.

I wish the bouncy stories would continue to use the formula that they set up for better stories (cops, bushes, miraculous conversions, and "sticking it" to "Rethuglicans")
    Don't forget "Fundies," too, they make frequent appearances in DU's bouncy stories.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    HAHA!!! Someone should pull up the thread about the guy who took a brick to his head!! And it is too bad we don't have good ole nightTrains old threads. And that looney tune, Marie333.
    Wee Willie Pitt got hit by a brick around the '04 election...is that what you were thinking of, Jumpy?

I do have a number of the classic threads saved. Finding them is the problem...but I will. Gator and someone else reminded me of the cops/bushes thread today, so I thought I'd post it again.

HAHA!!! Someone should pull up the thread about the guy who took a brick to his head!! And it is too bad we don't have good ole nightTrains old threads. And that looney tune, Marie333.
    That would have been Will Pitt!

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    RandomKoolzip(1000+ posts)
    Mon May-02-05 11:47 PM
    Original message
    So my boss was racially profiled last night....

My boss is an American Indian. Last night, he was walking home and happened, for some unknown reason, to zigzag while walking on the sidewalk to his apartment, and a cop jumped out of the bushes and stopped him from entering, then proceeded to browbeat him for twenty minutes for no ******* reason....I guess his pretense was that his irregular walking pattern made the cop think he might be a drunken burglar.

The weirdest thing about this story is that my boss, a couple years ago, was running down the street to return a video to Blockbuster on time (and he's an athletic guy, too, who enjoys running.)

A cop stopped him and questioned him for over an hour and was prepared to arrest him on suspicion of burglary...or for just having dark skin.

The kicker? It was the same cop, both times.

I am not making this shit up.

"You know something people? I'm not black, but there's a whole lot of times I wish I could say I'm not white." -Frank Zappa
    I just had a thought. (No, really!) These stories should be turned into flash animations. It'd be a hoot!

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    I just had a thought. (No, really!) These stories should be turned into flash animations. It'd be a hoot!
    We could call it Dummypiece Theater..:D

HAHA!!! Someone should pull up the thread about the guy who took a brick to his head!!
    Pitt takes brick to coconut
    WilliamPitt (1000+ posts) Wed Nov-03-04 02:33 AM
    Original message
    So on top of everything else, some ass just smashed my face with a brick
    Yep. Just got back from the Kerry rally in Copley. Spent nearly eight hours standing in the cold rain and waind waiting for the word...and then the word came, and didn't come, and is hovering like doom...

So I am walking in the back door of my apartment building, and I hear someone behind me. I turn, and this douchebag threw a brick at my head.
    Follow up to brick story
    Be Not Afraid.

Good find!!! That be the one.

He posts to the DUmp about the incident before he calls the cops? How phony can you get?! I bet there is no police report from that point in time.