Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyboot View Post
    She needs to accept this as her fate and hope it will complete the costs of her forgiveness with God.
    Agree.She should have thesame compassion as she gave Sharon Tate and her unborn baby.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If I remember correctly from reading Helter Skelter, Susan Atkins called Sharon Tate a bitch when the actress begged her for mercy. Susan Atkins later bragged about this to a cellmate, which proved to be her undoing.

I agree that if she truly has repented, she will accept that she has to die behind bars. The prison will likely be merciful and allow her to have her family visit frequently, especially if they have a special hospital facility.

If the USSC hadn't ruled the death penalty illegal, and her sentence was automatically reduced to life (before it was reinstated), she probably would have been dead a long time ago. She should be grateful for the time she had.
    Yes, she did brag about all of this.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2008...d=networkfront
    The Manson family attacked her home, killing her and four others. Atkins herself stabbed Tate to death, ignoring Tate's pleas for mercy. At a parole hearing in 1993, Atkins told officials: 'She asked me to let her baby live. I told her I didn't have mercy for her.' After killing her, Atkins tasted the dead woman's blood and used it to write the word 'Pig' on the wall.
    http://crime.about.com/od/murder/p/atkins.htm
    Atkins and the Grand Jury: Atkins testified before a Los Angeles Grand Jury, hoping to avoid the death penalty. She revealed how she held down Sharon Tate as she pleaded for her and the baby's life. She recounted how she told Tate, "Look, bitch, I don't care a thing about you. You're going to die and there's nothing you can do about it." To cause more suffering, they held off killing Tate until all others were dead, and then stabbed her repeatedly while she called out for her mother. Atkins later recanted her testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpy View Post
    I know as Christians we should be merciful, but she's lucky to have had life. It's a lot longer life than Sharon Tate had or that the baby never had. Just because ATkins is a woman doesn't give her a pass. If Manson stays in; she should stay in.

She is going to get to die outside the walls of the prison. I do not think that many prison clinics or hospitals are set up for a hospice care. I do not think that she deserves parole just because she has brain cancer, but I do believe that putting her is a hospice is reasonable.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I read above that Bugliose was in favor of the release. That surprised me. I feel no sympathy for these people, although I'm glad to hear that she may have gained some sanity while there. I would think that if it were Manson that was requesting this there would be no similar sympathy. We generally have a nature tendency to sympathize with female offender and terminal illnesses. It's our way. I can understand the families' thoughts on the matter, though, and I agree with you.

As for the attorney...must be a whackadoodle.
    Vincent Bugliosi thinks President Bush should be tried for murder and/or war crimes.

She was as bad as the gal from Texas who repented and they fried her.
    Why would Susan Atkins get special treatment? I agree with Noonwitch. If she
    has repented then she will deal with her sentence and die behind bars.