1. #1 Director Forced Out of Job After Supporting Ban On Marriage. 
    Sacramento theater director resigns in Prop. 8 aftermath
    November 13, 2008

More Prop. 8 fallout

Scott Eckern, the Sacramento theater director whose political donation in support of California's Prop. 8 ban on same-sex marriage turned into a lightning rod in the debate over gay rights, resigned Wednesday, saying he wanted to protect the California Musical Theatre, his artistic home since 1984, from further controversy.

Word of Eckern's $1,000 donation -- publicly reported under state elections law -- spread rapidly on the Internet last week, and Eckern drew criticism from some prominent stage artists, including Tony Award-winning composer Marc Shaiman ("Hairspray") and Jeff Whitty, the "Avenue Q" librettist.

"I am disappointed that my personal convictions have cost me the opportunity to do what I love the most," Eckern, the nonprofit stage company's artistic director since 2003, said in a written statement. By resigning, he said he hoped to "help the healing in the local theatergoing and creative community."

-- Mike Boehm
    I believe we'll see a lot more of this as time goes on. It appears as though a lot of liberals simply can't allow any diversity of thought or belief. You not only have to behave according to their agenda in public but now you have to accept their agenda in private. :(

LA Times

Is this a privately owned theater, or a "civic theater". If it's the latter, it receives state or city funding and they can't fire this guy for donating money to a cause they don't like.

I'm not sure a private employer who did that would be able to defend his position in a civil court, unless he has other reasons for the firing.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Is this a privately owned theater, or a "civic theater". If it's the latter, it receives state or city funding and they can't fire this guy for donating money to a cause they don't like.

I'm not sure a private employer who did that would be able to defend his position in a civil court, unless he has other reasons for the firing.
    I think they just made his life hell and it attracted a lot of negative attention to the theater. Since he clearly adores the theater, he left to minimize the negativity.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I believe we'll see a lot more of this as time goes on. It appears as though a lot of liberals simply can't allow any diversity of thought or belief. You not only have to behave according to their agenda in public but now you have to accept their agenda in private. :(

LA Times
    This only diversity the left is interested in is the diversity that they all agree upon. Ironic isn't it.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

This is why I don't discuss politics at work. It's not worth the hassle and it really isn't anyone's business.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    This is why I don't discuss politics at work. It's not worth the hassle and it really isn't anyone's business.
    He didn't discuss it at work (I'm assuming, I could be wrong). Someone looked up his donation and forced him to resign.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post

LA Times
    Now we get to see their real nature.We are Here, we Are Queer, and We will not tolerate any interference with our agenda !Another reason for his resignation is the Homo's like to apply a thin veneer of culture to their perverted lifestyles are thus pose as big patrons of the theatre but they all would boycot his productions.

They are in the forced acceptance mode of their disgusting lifestyle now and will make many more enemy's with these kinds of actions.Maybe the decent people America will finally wake up and notice what's going on in America ?

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    He didn't discuss it at work (I'm assuming, I could be wrong). Someone looked up his donation and forced him to resign.
    Who are the fascists again?
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

More is happening with this story. The director is LDS but he was the target of an email hate fest. It's even worse than than reported earlier.

Developing.