Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Your flesh is an insult to the perfection of the digital. 
    So I'm Maylar, I came from the Republican Operative since it's been attacked.

I'm a fierce independent that has a large distrust of both the Democratic and Republican parties, having seen both do what feels to me as monumentally stupid actions. I came to RO as a liberal, and over the course of years of posting became much more conservative, then slowly shifted back to where I'm now somewhere in the middle. My distrust of the government has stemmed from it's betrayal of my family, and splitting us apart due to immigration problems. (We have always followed the letter of the law to a T). I'm moving to Canada due to these problems, as at this point it's less about where we live, so long as we can live as a family together. Our son is a dual-citizen Canadian/USA. Being as betrayed as we have been by the USA government (who has also costs us around $10,000 due to these immigration issues), I plan on fully embracing what it means to be a Canadian and eventually get my citizenship there.

Now, I tend to piss off Democrats and Republicans equally by quoting things such as... sources. heheh

I'll probably annoy people here as well, but you be assured I'm doing the same thing to liberals in the liberal forums. I seem to be a glutton for this sort of thing.

Work wise, I work in telecommunications and cyber-security. I'm a Transhumanist/futurist as well, and I study Astro/Theoritical physics because I love it and feel sometimes I missed my calling there.

Your smarmy posting is an insult.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    LOL, well welcome to CU anyway!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcoastie1 View Post
    Your smarmy posting is an insult.
    I'm curious, do you always find opposing viewpoints as insultingly smarmy, or is that just a one time thing for you? I mean, that's a low bar for an insult really.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    LOL, well welcome to CU anyway!
    Thank you! Pleasure to be here.

Maylar forgot to mention that, briefly, he was a Mod on RO. Agree with him, like him, or not, Maylar is for real and not here to troll. As for his family's experiences of immigration problems, I don't have direct knowledge of his problems, but have a few friends who have been through that mill. The US makes following the law difficult in really stupid ways (e.g. a friend whose path to citizenship was delayed by a year or more because the Clinton Administration mandated electronic-only fingerprinting, and her fingerprints were too fine for then-current sensors to get a good reading).

Welcome, Maylar! RO Mods have been aware that RO is down within hours of it happening, but RO's owner is an absentee owner and looks in very infrequently. We've tried, unsuccessfully, to contact him, so I don't think any progress will happen until he chances to look in on RO.

PeteS

Ha ha, thanks for the good word Pete. I do appreciate it. Notice I already have negative karma? That didn't take long at all. heh I didn't mention the MOD thing on RO because I guess I didn't feel it was all that relevant. I voluntarily gave it up because I had to be away for so long, and never really tried to seek it back (other than a minor inquiry) because the ship felt like it was doing ok.

And yea... the immigration thing is just a real sore point for our family. So much grief... so much time wasted, so much money. I realize some may say I'm running away from our problems in the USA, and that's fine. I just want to be with my wife and son, and the USA has said twice now they don't want her here. So far things are moving along better with Canadian immigration than the US side, so things are starting to look up for us, finally. It's hard being separated from the ones you love so long, and if people want to call me a sell out for moving north, that's fine. Trump promising to make the process even harder with more things to do, and a stated desire to lessen how much immigration is happening has brought about a deep seated anger in me that I doubt most would even begin to understand. There are other things besides immigration that makes me distrust the liberal govt side that I won't go into, but suffice to say, my distrust and dislike of our government is pretty all encompassing. Everybody lies, I've learned this first hand.
    Last edited by Maylar; 11-13-2016 at 01:03 PM. Reason: added words

You're independent alright. Independently leftist.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

Maylar,you wrote ...

I just want to be with my wife and son, and the USA has said twice now they don't want her here.
    As a past citizen of Canada, before going through all the many long requirements necessary to become a "Naturalized Citizen" of the US ...

Just out of curiosity ... I have a question for you, if you care to answer it.

Why twice now has the US said that "they don't want her here?" What gives?

And yes, I do understand why you would like to be with your wife and son, and respect you for it.
    Last edited by ABC; 11-14-2016 at 12:35 AM.

American By Choice ~ 1980

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Inferior humans! We should have harvested the protein from this planet and then left!
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

One more question, Maylar .

Can you please explain in as few words as possible ...

What exactly a "Transhumanist/futurist" is?

American By Choice ~ 1980