Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC View Post
    Maylar,you wrote ...

As a past citizen of Canada, before going through all the many long requirements necessary to become a "Naturalized Citizen" of the US ...

Just out of curiosity ... I have a question for you, if you care to answer it.

Why twice now has the US said that "they don't want her here?" What gives?

And yes, I do understand why you would like to be with your wife and son, and respect you for it.
    I'll keep this short since the long explanation is long and raises my blood pressure in anger. Lots of errors and lost paperwork on USCIS side resulted in 3 years of immigration issues, and 2 denial letters. We've had 2 separate attorney offices working our case over the 3 year period. We decided we where done after the second denial letter and opened our case with Canadian CIC. After the nightmare that has been USCIS, CIC has been a breeze so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Inferior humans! We should have harvested the protein from this planet and then left!
    Exactly! This person knows what is up!

Quote Originally Posted by ABC View Post
    One more question, Maylar .

Can you please explain in as few words as possible ...

What exactly a "Transhumanist/futurist" is?
    Short explanation: We believe in using technology to drastically improve our lives and even human evolution.

Longer and more in-depth explanation, and even a critique of our own envisionings:

Last edited by Maylar; 11-14-2016 at 02:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maylar View Post
    I'll keep this short since the long explanation is long and raises my blood pressure in anger. Lots of errors and lost paperwork on USCIS side resulted in 3 years of immigration issues, and 2 denial letters. We've had 2 separate attorney offices working our case over the 3 year period. We decided we where done after the second denial letter and opened our case with Canadian CIC. After the nightmare that has been USCIS, CIC has been a breeze so far.

Exactly! This person knows what is up!

Short explanation: We believe in using technology to drastically improve our lives and even human evolution.

Longer and more in-depth explanation, and even a critique of our own envisionings:

So, you're a Borg?

rm -rf obama*

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    So, you're a Borg?

Hey bud! How the hell are ya??
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Hey bud! How the hell are ya??
    Doing good my friend, busy as the devil, and happier than him too.
    Come up and let's play some golf.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    So, you're a Borg?
    YES! YOU GOT IT!

Sigh... so brainwashed by the liberal hollywood media whom makes these things to scare you for views, when the goal of transhumanism is to improve the human condition, to expand humanity in ways that make us BETTER.

Look at this video that shows how far we have come... limbs that are literally controlled by thought, and you can FEEL. What happens when these limbs become stronger, faster, smarter, better than our natural limbs? We redefine literally what it means to be human. We become Post-Human.

H+

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Inferior humans! We should have harvested the protein from this planet and then left!
    All planned out in To Serve Man.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.

While the particulars may differ, Maylar's experience is similar to that of my friend's wife. She did the paperwork, paid the fee(s), got fingerprinted and then heard nothing for long enough that after being rejected (because her fingerprints were unusable) she had to do the whole rigmarole, including fee(s), again. I forget whether she finally was accepted on her third or fourth go-round. Every rejection was due to the @#$% scanner not getting a good read of her fingerprints, and the old-school method was no longer allowed. Maybe had she been an illiterate anchor-baby-birthing Central American who snuck across the border - instead of being an employed Filipina electrical engineer on a green card - she would have been accommodated immediately. Then there's the story of her trying to get her Mom a tourist visa so she could see her grandchild for the first time ... it's starts with the visa-issuing consulate being on Luzon, and her Mom residing on Cebu ...
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.

...I study Astro/Theoritical physics because I love it and feel sometimes I missed my calling there.
    Probably because you can't spell it.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Probably because you can't spell it.

Seriously though, the field really requires more math than winning a spelling bee.

Seriously though, the field really requires more math than winning a spelling bee.
    If you're going to go out on a limb like that and claim that you study theoretical physics you can't drop the ball like you did.

Besides, I don't believe you.

Welcome to CU though.
    Be Not Afraid.