1. #1 Feminists Want This Statue Banned??!? 

" Dude, how much do they f***ing hate us? " language warning

Maybe if the female figure was standing up and in the process of kicking the male figure in the nads, they'd approve?

This is not true feminism, this is just stupidity. True feminism is about equality under the law, not about stupid symbolism. I don't go off on men who hold the door open for me, I consider an act of that nature to be good manners. But equality means that if a man is carrying a kid and all that goes with carrying a kid around, I should hold the door open for him.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Maybe if the female figure was standing up and in the process of kicking the male figure in the nads, they'd approve?

This is not true feminism, this is just stupidity. True feminism is about equality under the law, not about stupid symbolism. I don't go off on men who hold the door open for me, I consider an act of that nature to be good manners. But equality means that if a man is carrying a kid and all that goes with carrying a kid around, I should hold the door open for him.
    I feel guilty if I don't hold the door open for a female... but I don't stand at the door, waiting... if she's many steps away.

The sculpture is titled New Friends, by Paul Tadlock. It's all about meeting new people at college. You can tell by the clothing that it's from around 1960. Even then, most guys wouldn't start a conversation in that mode, but it wasn't big deal if they did.

Damns, YouTube took the vid down. I hope it's not more of their Studio-71 crap.

Here's a link to the original story:

http://www.dailydot.com/irl/san-anto...-mansplaining/