1. #1 Bomb Found In Federal Building In Detroit 
    link

Motown_Johnny Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Mar-18-11 10:29 PM
    Original message
    Bomb Found In Federal Building In Detroit

The local news here just said that a package containing explosive materials was found at the Federal Building here in Detroit.

The news also said that it could have injured or possibly killed someone if the package had been opened.

Not much else for details yet. I am including a link which contains some similar information but it seems to be out of date compared to the ten o'clock news.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110318/NEWS01/110318053/...

Since the building houses offices for the FBI, DEA, Customs and Immigration (among others) I think most of us here will jump to the same conclusion. I know what my knee jerk response is, but since we don't have any evidence yet I would ask that we restrain ourselves from leveling unfounded accusations.
    And of course the expected response shows up immediately. They are nothing if not consistent.
    enki23 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Mar-18-11 10:31 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. unfounded my ass. for the past several decades, 90% of the time it's a rightwing nut.

the other 10, it's just a nut nut.
    gratuitous Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Mar-18-11 10:34 PM
    5. I'll jump to a conclusion

If the person apprehended for this is of a non-white skin color, it will be grounds for hysterical overreaction. If the person apprehended is white, it will be another isolated incident, in a series of isolated incidents.
    Motown_Johnny Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Mar-18-11 10:43 PM
    Response to Reply #5
    7. that is a reasonable assessment based on prior performance

hardly jumping to a conclusion.
    gateley Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Mar-18-11 10:47 PM
    Response to Reply #7
    10. I agree with Motown_Johnny. nt
    Maybe we should start pulling a liberal and declare that OF COURSE it is a left wing hater, and if it isn't a leftist hater then when liberals act like they have been recently in Detroit that they "If you sow the wind, you'll reap the whirlwind" http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ad.php?t=38003 .

There was agreement on that thread to that sentiment, no one disagreed and Skinner left it up so it must be OK. Right?

If it had been the federal courthouse, I'd have been suspicious of an islamicist terrorist group because of the on-going trial of the underwear bomber. Or of a Kwame Kilpatrick supporter, as his ongoing legal proceedings are also occurring in that building.

I don't know about the McNamara building. All sorts of people have access to it, I've gone there to get tax forms before. It's also where supporters of the Israelis and Palestineans gather locally to protest whatever problems are going on there this week.

gratuitous Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Mar-18-11 10:34 PM
    5. I'll jump to a conclusion

If the person apprehended for this is of a non-white skin color, it will be grounds for hysterical overreaction. If the person apprehended is white, it will be another isolated incident, in a series of isolated incidents.
    It is usually the other way around in order to protect the muslim community from backlash. Although, AFAIK, there has never been any backlash.

I'll draw an accurate conclusion. If it turns out to be a union worker the DUmp will claim that it was a conspiracy to make the unions look bad and the person was actually a republican pretending to be a liberal democrat union member. They'll also have absolutely no evidence of this other than a few DU posts that contain the same speculation.

LOL! this is rich coming form the same people that hope and PRAY every time there's an attack on this country it's a Tea Party member or a Conservative of some sort.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the Unibomber wasn't the most right leaning fella, right?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but the Unibomber wasn't the most right leaning fella, right?
    He hated America and capitalism. Makes him a liberal in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    He hated America and capitalism. Makes him a liberal in my book.

I think he considers himself a libertarian, but I think the label that best describes him is not a political label, but a psychiatric one: Schizophrenia, paranoid type.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think he considers himself a libertarian, but I think the label that best describes him is not a political label, but a psychiatric one: Schizophrenia, paranoid type.
    The dude was a Berkley professor. Not exactly the cradle of conservatism.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    He was a far- left ecoterrorist, closely connected to the liberal ecoterrorist group Earth First.

Quote Originally Posted by FBIGuy
    I'll draw an accurate conclusion. If it turns out to be a union worker the DUmp will claim that it was a conspiracy to make the unions look bad and the person was actually a republican pretending to be a liberal democrat union member. They'll also have absolutely no evidence of this other than a few DU posts that contain the same speculation.
    When a psychotic killer who does such things is revealed to be a far- left nutcase, if DUmmies and other ultra- liberals actually talk about it rather than simply ignoring it, their response tends to be one of the following, depending on the severity of the attack and other such circumstances:
    1. As you said, that it was a conspiracy, that the guy was REALLY a conservative and/ or government operative trying to frame liberals/ Muslims/ union thugs/ whatever other group sacred to liberals that may be involved.
    2. The guy was an innocent victim of circumstance framed for it by evil, racist police.
    3. The guy was a brave and noble hero standing up for "Social Justice" or "Sticking it to the Man" or some crap like that.