1. #1 Hello a DI refugee here 
    It is amazing how afraid of different opinions some people can be. I was on DI the night they shut it down as many people were. The election wasn't decided at the point I could no longer get in and I saw a post about DU being hacked , I went over there and saw the posts and did an LOL on DI. My guess is Skinner has to show how powerful he is LOL by not bringing DI back up , impotence causes some strange reactions I guess.

Not bringing DI back and allowing various opinions to be seen strikes at the heart of the problem over there. They stay in a bubble with no idea of anything outside their safe spaces then can't understand why they lost so bad.

DU has made posting contrary opinions ban-able offenses since its inception, pretty much. I don't have the craftiness or subtlety to try to be a mole, so I don't bother. And you are correct, by banning contrary - or even slightly different from party-line - opinions and demonizing any news/facts they don't want to hear as "Reich-Wing", they've created their own little alternate-reality bubble. That could be seen in the days and weeks before the election in all the posts predicting a Hillary super-landslide, and since in their shock, anger, conspiracy theories, and demonizing of anyone/everyone who voted for Trump. Reality violated their bubble.

Anyway ...

Welcome!!!
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Welcome to CU and have a good time!
    May the FORCE be with you!