Thread: Cold Burrrr!!!!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 68
  1. #21  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    50,534
    This is the Popes fault for mocking God about global warming, it takes some kind of arrogance to think man controls the weather.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #22  
    Senior Member oldcoastie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Crete, IL
    Posts
    2,625
    High of 7 tomorrow, mid-teens today.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #23  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    FL & MO
    Posts
    50,737
    Sat. and Sun our lows are going single digits.

    I keep telling SLW, evac to Florida!!!! But she says
    no till after Christmas.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #24  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    24,382
    In the low 70s today. yesterday's high was a lovely 81.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #25  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    50,534
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    In the low 70s today. yesterday's high was a lovely 81.
    Mardi Gras Gator Meat Balls




    • Prep
      20 m
    • Cook
      30 m
    • Ready In
      1 h


    Recipe By:Surf Wookie
    "These excellent meatballs are especially great for those that have easy access to alligator meat."
    Ingredients

    • 2 1/4 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
    • 5 1/4 pounds alligator meat
    • 1 1/2 pounds onions
    • 2 bunches green onions
    • 2 bunches fresh parsley
    • 1 medium head garlic
    • 1/2 bunch celery


    • 1 quart oil for frying
    • 2 eggs
    • 3 tablespoons dried savory
    • 2 ounces salt
    • 1 tablespoon black pepper
    • 2 1/2 pounds cracker meal

    Directions

    • Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain. Put the alligator meat, onions, green onions, parsley, celery and potatoes through a meat grinder into a large bowl. Mix in the eggs, savory, salt and pepper until well blended. Shape into 1 ounce balls (golf ball sized) and roll in cracker meal.
    • Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Fry meat balls until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels.

    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #26  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    24,382
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Mardi Gras Gator Meat Balls




    • Prep
      20 m
    • Cook
      30 m
    • Ready In
      1 h


    Recipe By:Surf Wookie
    "These excellent meatballs are especially great for those that have easy access to alligator meat."
    Ingredients


    • 2 1/4 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
    • 5 1/4 pounds alligator meat
    • 1 1/2 pounds onions
    • 2 bunches green onions
    • 2 bunches fresh parsley
    • 1 medium head garlic
    • 1/2 bunch celery


    • 1 quart oil for frying
    • 2 eggs
    • 3 tablespoons dried savory
    • 2 ounces salt
    • 1 tablespoon black pepper
    • 2 1/2 pounds cracker meal

    Directions


    • Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes; drain. Put the alligator meat, onions, green onions, parsley, celery and potatoes through a meat grinder into a large bowl. Mix in the eggs, savory, salt and pepper until well blended. Shape into 1 ounce balls (golf ball sized) and roll in cracker meal.
    • Heat oil in deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Fry meat balls until golden and crisp. Drain on paper towels.

    If it is any consolation I will have to brake out a jacket tomorrow. The high temp will only be 67 degrees... buurrr. If it weren't for the Star Wars movie starting tomorrow I'd probably just stay inside.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member oldcoastie1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Crete, IL
    Posts
    2,625
    4 right now.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #28  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    FL & MO
    Posts
    50,737
    We are having a mini-ice storm today. We were out running
    some errands and heard there was a good chance for some
    freezing rain. Sure enough it did.

    We got home just as it started getting bad. You could tell
    by the increasing number of ambulances racing by...

    Taking the dogs out tonight was a bit dicey, had to be
    real careful. It's supposed to get back above freezing
    tonight.
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #29  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    19,177
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    We are having a mini-ice storm today. We were out running
    some errands and heard there was a good chance for some
    freezing rain. Sure enough it did.

    We got home just as it started getting bad. You could tell
    by the increasing number of ambulances racing by...

    Taking the dogs out tonight was a bit dicey, had to be
    real careful. It's supposed to get back above freezing
    tonight.
    Same here. It looked like the roads were clear, and pulled out of the parking lot...sheet of black ice.

    In my next life, I'm going to be a meterorologist. They are wrong half the time, but keep their job. If I move a decimal point in the wrong place, I'd get frog marched out of the place.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #30  
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    suckifornia
    Posts
    49
    Low of 29 tonight here. Fuck this post-storm arctic air.
    'murica! Don't mess with the nation that needs medication!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •