Thread: Marine flinging puppy over cliff

Hybrid View

1. #1 Marine flinging puppy over cliff 
    This is probably old news to a bunch of you, but it's the first I've heard of it. A marine in Iraq supposedly flung a little puppy over a cliff while on patrol.

First of all, I can't believe the guy would be so stupid. If he really did such a cruel act, did he NOT have the sense to NOT film it? The fact that there's a video makes me hope it was just a prank and he threw something else over the cliff.

Even if it was a stuffed toy that took that flight, filming it was still stupid. There are enough animal lovers in this world who would demand severe retribution for this act. It appears that he's been expelled from the Marines, as was his accomplice.

If he really did throw that innocent little puppy, what went wrong in his childhood to make him do such a thing?

The mind boggles. My dog got an extra hug today.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25108189/

Vepr
    I remember thinking when the story first broke that maybe a dog was killed on patrol because it was giving them away etc but then I saw the video. Absolutely no excuse for what was done, just pure sadistic stupidity. At least the morons were dumb enough to film it so they could be removed before they did any more damage to the image of our armed forces and marines.

BSR
    Lance Cpl. David Motari, assigned to the 1st Battalion, 3rd Marine Regiment at Kaneohe Bay, is "being processed for separation" from the Marine Corps, the Marine Corps said in a news release. He also received unspecified "non-judicial punishment."
    If its a Dishonorable Discharge, he can kiss any civilian job goodbye. That is conduct unbecoming of a Marine. His platoon should "correct his behavior" before he is discharged.

Quote Originally Posted by jeskibuff View Post
    First of all, I can't believe the guy would be so stupid. If he really did such a cruel act, did he NOT have the sense to NOT film it? The fact that there's a video makes me hope it was just a prank and he threw something else over the cliff.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25108189/
    That reminds me of what we were told in bootcamp about Marines. "You see the recruitment commercials for the Marines and they look so cool, Right? The Marine climbs the mountain and fights a monster with his sword and becomes a Marine. One thing you should notice, you never hear a Marine speak in the commercials. I think it's obvious why, if you've ever heard one speak."

That always stuck with me, as a sailor, of course.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Itís been said in this forum before that for some Americans - this is what we are. When that point was brought up a while back, in regard to another video of our guys taking about 20 rounds to kill a stray dog, all Hell broke loose and it was referred to as "Troop Bashing", so be careful. I think this unfortunate person should have to spend a year touring grammar schools and explaining, after the viewing of this video - to 8 year olds - what he was thinking at the time and just how much fun itís been since then.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)