Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 OMC confronts DUers bigotry: Do We Have Any Mormon Members Of DU? 
    link

OPERATIONMINDCRIME (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 09:37 AM
    Original message
    Poll question: I'm Curious: Do We Have Any Mormon Members Of DU? If You're One, Please Check In!
    If you're a Mormon, I'm just curious about how you feel lately about all the outright hateful bigotry shown here towards you lately. I'm sorry that you have to hear such bigoted ignorance thrown at you and I can only imagine how cornered and unwelcome here it makes you feel. No one on this site should have to put up with bigotry thrown at them, and I'm sorry that you have to go through it. It is unacceptable and also disgusting that there are some posts that are outright bigotry, and that you have to be the recipients of it. I just couldn't help wondering if we have any mormons here, and how the sheer stupidity and ignorance being thrown at you makes you feel. For all I know there aren't any here, which of course doesn't excuse the bigotry and ignorance whatsoever.

If you're a mormon, I'm curious how this all has made you feel. At the least, since right now with all the ignorant bigotry being thrown around at you lately it may make you a bit shy of stating so publicly, please vote in the poll and let us know you're here.
    Poll result (2 votes)
    Yes, I'm A Mormon. (2 votes, 100%) Vote
    kevinbgoode (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:21 AM
    Response to Original message
    5. As opposed to the outright, hateful bigotry shown by the Church
    officials toward the gay community? Did I miss the ballot question removing the constitutional right to marry from the Mormons?
    OPERATIONMINDCRIME (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:24 AM
    Response to Reply #5
    8. Stop The Silly Knee Jerking.
    Bigotry is bigotry and it should never be tolerated no matter where it comes from.
    Wow. He even confronts their justification for doing just what they accuse other of doing. They always seem to have some reason that it is OK for them to do, but not for others.
    Goblinmonger (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 07:52 PM
    Response to Reply #8
    40. So you pointing out bigotry
    would be bigotry, right? Because that is what you are accusing others of. The Mormon church poured millions into the mix to pass Prop 8. That's a fact. Does that mean that every Mormon wanted Prop 8 to pass, no. But it does mean that their hierarchy did. They support that heirarchy with their money and their numbers. If they don't like it, then they should get out and not support the bigotry that is their church. The church is an entity and that entity helped pass prop 8 and I feel very comfortable saying that that entity is bigoted.
    KzooDem (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:22 AM
    6. All I can say is what goes around, comes around.
    Edited on Sun Nov-09-08 10:25 AM by KzooDem
    START PAYING TAXES AND KEEP THE FUCK OFF MY PORCH.

As soon as the Mormons find those pesky golden tablets, then offer to them to the U.S. Treasury as payment of taxes due, MAYBE I'll shut the fuck up.
    OPERATIONMINDCRIME (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:24 AM
    Response to Reply #6
    10. Unacceptable. Fighting Bigotry With Bigotry Is Dumb.
    KzooDem (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:33 AM
    Response to Reply #10
    18. Look, OMC...Don't get your magic underwear in a knot. (The usual, demean and call names if someone doesn't agree with their beliefs and viewpoints.)

I'll probably eventually come around and quietly tolerate the Mormons. I probably really won't even chase them off my porch with obscenities.

BUT, before I can move to that point, I need some catharsis, okay?

I need to yell and vent and probably say some things that may offend others. Sorry if you get caught up in the whirlwind of anger from the GLBT community, but for now you're sort of going to have to sit back, and take it for now. Maybe you can even look at this as an opportunity to stress to your leaders how inherently wrong they were and are to meddle in politics in order to take away another person's civil rights.

A good start toward healing is at least for you to acknowledge that our disappointment and anger is real and justified
    . So if one is disappointed and angry it is ok to be bigots.

And it's OK to be physically violent and take away ones livelyhood for standing up for what they believe in is OK too, according to the gay activists.

Oh, and by the way. Prefering marriage to be one man and one woman is not bigoted. It's simply a choice that the majority of Californians made.

OPERATIONMINDCRIME (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:38 AM
    Response to Reply #18
    20. Unacceptable. Fighting Bigotry With Bigotry Is Dumb.
    KzooDem (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:41 AM
    Response to Reply #20
    24. Okay, well then...FUCK YOU AND YOUR UNACCEPTABLE.
    Edited on Sun Nov-09-08 10:53 AM by KzooDem
    You unmovable asshat. You can't even acknowledge the authenticity of my disappointment and anger. That's rich, but I guess it shouldn't have been unpredictable.

I swear "you people" annoy me more than Ralph Nader. And before your magic underwear start riding up your ass again, what I mean by "you people" are followers of conservative, fundamental religious sects/cults, not JUST Mormons.
    OPERATIONMINDCRIME (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:43 AM
    Response to Reply #24
    25. Unacceptable. Fighting Bigotry With Bigotry Is Dumb.
    You seem angry. Take a breath.
    KzooDem (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:45 AM
    Response to Reply #25
    26. Blah blah blah....
    Elder Asshole.
    OPERATIONMINDCRIME (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:51 AM
    Response to Reply #26
    27. Unacceptable. Fighting Bigotry With Bigotry Is Dumb.
    Really, lie down or something. You seem way too tense. Take a walk, I dunno.
    Downtown Hound (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:24 AM
    9. Yeah, poor victimized Mormons
    Did anyone put out a ballot initiative that took away any of their civil rights? No. Mormons can get back to me when somebody does, and then they can whine about being the victims of bigotry.
    OPERATIONMINDCRIME (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:28 AM
    Response to Reply #9
    13. Bigotry Is Bigotry. It Should Never Be Justified Nor Tolerated.
    You are knee jerk reacting and your response is quite silly.
    spoony (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:30 AM
    15. Why was this moved when the anti-Mormon shit stays in GD? (Moved to Religion forum.)
    undeterred (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:32 AM
    Response to Reply #15
    16. Because DU is out in the open about Religion Bashing.
    OPERATIONMINDCRIME (1000+ posts) Sun Nov-09-08 10:38 AM
    Response to Reply #15
    21. Weird, Right?

That is a liberal talking....right?
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Sonnabend
    Did anyone put out a ballot initiative that took away any of their civil rights?
    Since when is gay marriage a civil right?
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 11-15-2008 at 06:01 AM.

Maybe that right will be found in the next National Treasure movie. You know, the lost pages of the constitution...

We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men were created to ride Harley Davidson Motor cycles. Now that is a better way to spend $700,000,000,000.
    Squeeze that into that "living Constitution" and I might convert,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NAW.

I'll just buy my own.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    That is a liberal talking....right?
    It's easy to say when a lot of libs don't make enough to even pay taxes. Wonder what the libs would think if I suggested that we start taxing churches but removed the law that allows for those who do make enough to pay taxes to get a monetary return anyways (alternate minimum tax credit?).

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Well, they can't raz on the blacks, mexicans, and orientals - all of whom voted against them; and they cant admit that most normal people voted against them, its tough to admit your own obama people dont like you...

So that left the mormons to feel the wrath.

Poor sonsabitches.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama

I wonder how long it will be before there is a truly violant act against the Mormons ( church burning, murder) and right after that someone on DU will mostly likely say " they had it coming."

This might be the first flickers of the civil war.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Savage View Post
    Maybe that right will be found in the next National Treasure movie. You know, the lost pages of the constitution...
    Ok, this was really funny. Doc Savage, you owe me a new keyboard because my coffee I just spit out just ruined the one I have! :D
    “Bodily vigor is good, and vigor of intellect is even better, but far above both is character” - Theodore Roosevelt - March 31, 1900

As I said before the election, the Moonbats are creatures of hate and they had to turn it on someone; and the Mormons got picked.

UP THE REBELS!!!
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.