Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    As I said before the election, the Moonbats are creatures of hate and they had to turn it on someone; and the Mormons got picked.

UP THE REBELS!!!
    Mormon's got picked because their organizations and churches were largely responsible for putting the measure on the ballot in the first place, at least in CA, I believe... and Mormon churches were by far the most significant promoters of the measure financially. No reason at all to pick on those Mormons...

"Sorry if you get caught up in the whirlwind of anger from the GLBT community."

I thought they switched years ago to calling it LGBT because they were tired of GLBT earning them the derogatory nickname "Gilberts".

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Mormon's got picked because their organizations and churches were largely responsible for putting the measure on the ballot in the first place, at least in CA, I believe... and Mormon churches were by far the most significant promoters of the measure financially. No reason at all to pick on those Mormons...
    Moonbats just targetted the Mormons because they were to cowardly to go protest in front of churches in the black and hispanic communities.

Wilbur did you know up to 1970 there was a law on the books in Missouri that said it was legal to kill a Mormon?

Did you know that Mormons had been murdered across the country in the 1800's and when their leader Smith said they had the right to self defense, Smith was put on trial for treason ( he later murdered by a mob).

Wilbur do you want this to happen again? But I guess " enlightened" people will always find some group they can hate and destroy for the fun it.
    Last edited by Dan D. Doty; 11-16-2008 at 10:49 PM.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Moonbats just targetted the Mormons because they were to cowardly to go protest in front of churches in the black and hispanic communities.

Wilbur did you know up to 1970 there was a law on the books in Missouri that said it was legal to kill a Mormon?

Did you know that Mormons had been murdered across the country in the 1800's and when their leader Smith said they had the right to self defense, Smith was put on trial for treason ( he later murdered by a mob).

Wilbur do you want this to happen again? But I guess " enlightened" people will always find some group they can hate and destroy for the fun it.

Then there's the whole Mountain Meadow massacre thing.

The Mormons have the right to practice their religion without being killed or harrassed over it, as long as they don't break any laws. I don't even care if they practice polygamy, as long as they only claim one wife on their taxes. I haven't met many in my day, but they have a lot of missionaries riding their bikes around Detroit. I give the young guys credit for the courage they show in this-I see them in neighborhoods where it is not safe for anyone on a bicycle. They bought the old Greek orthodox church near Palmer Park in Detroit, and they maintain the building well. I personally think that mormonism is sexist and the whole garment thing is weird, but, it's a free country.

Banned
    Again... if it werent for the work of the Mormons (many out-of-staters too, no less)... Prop 8 wouldn't have even been on the ballot

So because of this they should be immune to criticism and protest?

Banned
    Again... if it werent for the work of the Mormons (many out-of-staters too, no less)... Prop 8 wouldn't have even been on the ballot

So because of this they should be immune to criticism and protest?
    BUt if every Mormon in California changed his vote and everyone else voted exactly like they did, there would be no change. So why not protest the Black and Hispanic churches since their members voted for it? Because they are a bunch of limp wristed cowards.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    BUt if every Mormon in California changed his vote and everyone else voted exactly like they did, there would be no change. So why not protest the Black and Hispanic churches since their members voted for it? Because they are a bunch of limp wristed cowards.
    If every Mormon church or member from out of state that contributed to prop 8, didn't for some reason, it most likely wouldn't have passed. No matter which way you slice it, they are the primary culprits for the success of that measure. And the Mormon's/religious influence behind prop 8 successfully targeted the minority populations hard hoping to capitalize on the anticipated higher than usual turn out among those demographics.

In the end the entire thing was started and driven by white religious organizations, the Mormans being the most significant.

The cowardly scapegoating of the black population is a brilliant tactic though. +10 evil genius points for that one..
    Last edited by wilbur; 11-17-2008 at 02:20 PM.

Banned
    The cowardly scapegoating of the black population is a brilliant tactic though. +10 evil genius points for that one..

And the cowardly scapegoating of the Mormons is what? Apparently the same DEMOCRATS who voted for Obama voted against gays marrying, DUmbass. If they hadn't, the thing would have passed. A huge majority of Blacks and Latinos voted for the proposition. The majority among them was much higher than the majority among whites. It was your own party that shot down gay marriage in California.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    And the cowardly scapegoating of the Mormons is what?
    Accurate. Their efforts got the measure on the ballot. Their efforts provided half of the enourmous advertising budget for the measure. They did this.

Apparently the same DEMOCRATS who voted for Obama voted against gays marrying, DUmbass. If they hadn't, the thing would have passed. A huge majority of Blacks and Latinos voted for the proposition. The majority among them was much higher than the majority among whites. It was your own party that shot down gay marriage in California.
    My party what? What is my party?

Race is less a determining factor for support of gay marriage... the major determining factor is religious affiliation.

Patent Member
    In the end the entire thing was started and driven by white religious organizations, the Mormans being the most significant.
    Really?

Because the proponents on the SoS website are listed as: Dennis Hollingsworth, Gail J. Knight, Martin F. Gutierrez, Hak-Shing, William Tam, and Mark A. Jansson.

While it may just be the evil racist conservative in me, names like "Gutierrez" "Hak-Shing" and "Tam" don't strike me as particularly "white."

The cowardly scapegoating of the Mormon population is a brilliant tactic though. +10 evil genius points for that one..