Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Salon.com:A Christmas Story Is Racist 
    And led to Trump's election. There is so much stupid in this article that it's hard to read. http://www.salon.com/2016/12/24/drea...rblind-racism/
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

Nauseating.

Chauncey, go eat a bag of dicks. You've earned it.
    U.S. Army, Retired

Power CUer
    When everything is racist, nothing is racist.

This yelling and screaming "racism!" is just a sign that very little of anti-black racism actually exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Eupher View Post
    Nauseating.

Chauncey, go eat a bag of dicks. You've earned it.
    I mean, it's racist to have a movie about a suburban Indiana family, a movie that takes place in 1939 and features an integrated classroom? And *gasp* Ralphie had white friends? The horror!

Seriously, this person needs to be strapped to a chair and beaten with a bag of rotten onions.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I mean, it's racist to have a movie about a suburban Indiana family, a movie that takes place in 1939 and features an integrated classroom? And *gasp* Ralphie had white friends? The horror!

Seriously, this person needs to be strapped to a chair and beaten with a bag of rotten onions.

Of course, a TV show called "blackish" isn't racist in their pea brains

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Salon is a joke.
    Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 08-08-2017 at 04:39 AM.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Ya know, I always thought the nits had to be present to be picked. Silly, naive, me.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Salon is a pathetic Liberal rag that, like the Left's failed "Air America" is a commercial failure and last I'd heard was kept afloat because the editor-in-chief of someone's rich daddy subsidizes the ridiculous webzine. Their articles are so absurd much of the time it's like reading "The Onion". Salon is a joke.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

There are some racist movies in the past, but A Christmas Story is not one of them.

I saw Live and Let Die over the weekend. LOL. Talk about stereotypes, though. Gone With The Wind features a lot of stereotypical black characters-it's a tough call, though, because the story is told from the pov of a very shallow white woman. Hattie McDaniel won an Oscar for her portrayal of Mammy, this is a tough one for black people for that reason.

One of the worst is Mickey Rooney's portrayal of the Asian landlord in Breakfast At Tiffany's. It is so offensive.