Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have my internet back at home! Cox man was supposed to be at my home between 3 and 5. He showed up at 2:40! I was thrilled. It was a quick fix. You don't realize how naked you feel without internet until it's gone.

The internets complete me. :D

TOTD: I don't feel sorry for anyone. I just point and laugh like any good evil rethuglican would do.

I kid, I kid!!

I only feel sorry for those who are responsible and try to make the best choices they can (buy insurance, build solid houses, having emergency plans ready) and still end up with losing their homes and livelihoods.

I don't feel sorry for those who don't bother to buy insurance, build their homes as solidly as possible, and expect others to save them in times of crisis.

Banned
    Choices have consequences in life and building in areas that flood or along coast lines that are subject to hurricanes is rolling the dice. So I would say that many of these people knew that and took a chance and lost.

I do feel sorry that they are homeless and have probably lost many of their possessions. How could you not feel sorry for the children. They are blameless. I don't want to have to pay for the parents stupidity though by having my insurance rates go up.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jendf View Post

TOTD: I don't feel sorry for anyone. I just point and laugh like any good evil rethuglican would do.

Excellent.:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    With all the horrible flooding going on in the MidWest I'm just thankful that
    we don't live near the Mississippi!! The flooding has been in the paper for days of course and today was no exception. Pics showing towns we've driven through with streets under water with more to come.

TOTD: Do you feel sorry for people who build ON the rivers? This can also apply to the coast lines.

I don't. If you build a house next to the Mississippi guess what? It's gonna flood at some point. Duh.

Same with people who have houses on the coast, example FL. I'd love to have one too but I'd be sure I could replace it since a hurricane is a certainty.
    TOTD: No, I don't. I mean....I hate to see ANYONE lost their home due to a natural disaster of some sort...flood, hurricane, tornado, etc....BUT we all know when we move to an area close to a body of water...or in an area prone to certain things, so...it is bound to happen. I suppose I do feel sorry for them...I mean, who wouldn't? It sucks...but you should be very aware of the dangers by doing so...
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature