1. #1 ManBearPig's house of cards is falling down 
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/m.../16/do1610.xml

If you still believe in global warming, I have a bridge to sell you. It's not a question of whether it's man made or not, it doesn't even exist.

Quote Originally Posted by crockspot View Post
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/m.../16/do1610.xml

If you still believe in global warming, I have a bridge to sell you. It's not a question of whether it's man made or not, it doesn't even exist.
    I never bought into global warming being caused by humans. All scientific achievements are accomplished by one individual scientist. When a scientific discovery is any good, no consensus is required – the truth will stand on its own. In the words of the late Michael Crichton:
    Historically, the claim of consensus has been the first refuge of scoundrels; it is a way to avoid debate by claiming that the matter is already settled. Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you're being had.
    The so-called climate crisis is nothing else than an appeal to emotion and mass-hysteria by bureaucrats eager to pass more legislation – they always want to keep us worried about current events, so that we'll feel that we depend upon them for protection, and so that we'll be willing to sacrifice for their greater good. There is as little need to worry about the "climate crisis", as there was to worry about Y2K... it's just another bubble waiting to burst.
    Last edited by EricMartin; 11-16-2008 at 12:57 PM.
    "If you bound the arms and legs of gold-medal swimmer Michael Phelps, weighed him down with chains, threw him in a pool and he sank, you wouldn't call it a 'failure of swimming'. So, when markets have been weighted down by inept and excessive regulation, why call this a 'failure of capitalism'?"

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

I started to raise my eyebrows over this kind of thing about two years ago. I remember the arguments over this with a friend of mine. Here in colorado it was snowing till june this year. JUNE! I told this one lady that the global warming thing sounded good. "When does it start?"

anyway, good article. thanks for sharing.

j

Quote Originally Posted by EricMartin View Post
    There is as little need to worry about the "climate crisis", as there was to worry about Y2K.
    Careful, there. You sound too much like Mikey Mooron with his claim about Y2K in "Bowling for Columbine". The Grossly Obese One claimed that it was just a fear tactic raised about Y2K. He claimed that because the turn of the millenium came and went with no global catastrophe was an indication it was all just manufactured fear. What that unshaven idiot failed to realize was that the huge amounts of money companies put into correcting problematic computer code averted what could have been very costly. The fact that warnings were issued and the warnings heeded does not mean the danger never existed.

Other than that, I totally agree with you.
    Nothing says "idiot inside" better than an Obama/Biden bumper sticker.

Quote Originally Posted by jeskibuff View Post
    Careful, there. You sound too much like Mikey Mooron with his claim about Y2K in "Bowling for Columbine". The Grossly Obese One claimed that it was just a fear tactic raised about Y2K. He claimed that because the turn of the millenium came and went with no global catastrophe was an indication it was all just manufactured fear. What that unshaven idiot failed to realize was that the huge amounts of money companies put into correcting problematic computer code averted what could have been very costly. The fact that warnings were issued and the warnings heeded does not mean the danger never existed.

Other than that, I totally agree with you.
    I haven't watched that movie, but I see your point, Y2K wasn't the best example.
    "If you bound the arms and legs of gold-medal swimmer Michael Phelps, weighed him down with chains, threw him in a pool and he sank, you wouldn't call it a 'failure of swimming'. So, when markets have been weighted down by inept and excessive regulation, why call this a 'failure of capitalism'?"

I guess this explains why ManBearPig annouced this weekend that he had no interest in the post of Environmental Czar if it was offered to him.

Have I every told you guy and gals that I hate that title 'Czar' or' Tsar' when it's applied to government posts? It's Russian for Cesaer for heaven's sake.

Last edited by FlaGator; 11-16-2008 at 08:16 PM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

ManBearPig IS REAL.

I'm Super-Duper Serial.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke