Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The DUmp is filled with a bunch of 1960s wannabees. How miserable life must be when it's all about left wing political ideology.

They ought to live in one of the nations that is run by a like mind - Venezuela, Cuba, North Korea come to mind. Lenin is dead and gone but his useful idiots live on.
    The Pittsburgh Penguins - 2007-08 NHL Eastern Conference Champions

LynnTheDem Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Jun-18-08 05:42 PM
    Response to Reply #85
    92. The UN Charter is a ratified treaty.

bUsh's illegal invasion of Iraq violated the UN Charter. Fact.

Violation of the UN Charter is a violation of the US Constitution. Also fact.

Both the above facts have been pronounced against the bUsh regime. Even the American chief prosecutor at the Nuremburg Tribunals has denounced bUsh's illegal invasion as illegal and a "supreme crime".

George W. bUsh's invasion of Iraq is, was, always will be, ILLEGAL.

A fact even members of the bUsh regime have admitted.

The only question is whether Americans and/or the world will hold the bUsh regime accountable.

And when will some Americans accept and get over the fact that George W. bUsh's illegal invasion of Iraq is in fact illegal.
    HEY HEY BUSH AND BLAIR, HOW MANY KIDS WILL YOU KILL OVER THERE!
    Alert Printer Friendly | Permalink | Reply | Top

wmbrew0206 (382 posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Jun-18-08 07:08 PM
    Response to Reply #92
    93. Well, if that is the case why hasn't MoveOn or another anti-war organization

Edited on Wed Jun-18-08 07:17 PM by wmbrew0206
    hired a lawyer and challenge the legality of the Iraq War in Federal court? If it is an open an shut case like you claim then any Federal judge would see the illegality of the war and rule against the Bush Administration orders to the military. That would effectively end the war.

Do you really think that if this war was illegal it wouldn't have been challenged in the US Courts during the five years it has been going on?

As of right now, not one US Court has ruled this war illegal. So right now the US judicial system says I'm right and this war is legal. If you can find a Federal Court ruling that says the war is illegal that hasn't been overturned, please feel free to correct me.

So you jump up and down and scream all day long that "This is an illegal war!" but until a US court rules the war illegal, you are completely wrong.

At this point your pretty much saying "I don't have any Federal Court opinions to cite or legal precedents to refer to but Damn it, this war is illegal because I want it to be and I can quote a bunch of people who agree with me! We're right and we don't need no stinking courts!"

Out of curiosity, do you think that the Gulf War was legal?

Alert | Add to my Journal Printer Friendly | Permalink | Edit | Reply | Top
    Looks like LynntheDim got smacked around pretty hard on this one.
    Last edited by FL-Nole; 06-20-2008 at 04:00 PM.

Patent Member
    Violation of the UN Charter is a violation of the US Constitution. Also fact.
    Not a fact. The US Constitution is the supreme law of the land. Treaties have no power to override the US Constitution. While this has not been explicitly determined by a court (as far as I know, no treaties have attempted to violate the US Constitution), it is fairly well established fact.

Even the American chief prosecutor at the Nuremburg Tribunals has denounced bUsh's illegal invasion as illegal and a "supreme crime".
    I find it hard to believe that Robert Jackson has denounced President Bush's "illegal invasion" as "a supreme crime." While I would be willing to entertain any evidence contrary to this view, I would contend that Justice Jackson's death in 1954 is especially relevant and determinative of the issue.