Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Head of D.C. National Guard to be removed from post in middle of inauguration UPDATE 
    Power CUer

Head of D.C. National Guard to be removed from post in middle of inauguration
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.294f3a96be12

The U.S. Army general who heads the D.C. National Guard and is an integral part of overseeing the inauguration said Friday he will be removed from command effective Jan. 20 at 12:01 p.m., just as Donald Trump is sworn in as president.

Maj. Gen. Errol R. Schwartz’s departure will come in the midst of the presidential ceremony — classified as a national special security event — and while thousands of his troops are deployed to help protect the nation’s capital during an inauguration he has spent months helping to plan.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 01-15-2017 at 01:22 AM.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    I smell a rat.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I smell a rat.
    Me too. My fear is that they're going to allow mayhem to happen with no military response. Don't know who's next in line.

Power CUer
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...113-story.html

...Schwartz, who was appointed to head the Guard by President George W. Bush in 2008, maintained the position through President Barack Obama's two terms. He said his orders came from the Pentagon in the form of an email that names his interim successor, a brigadier general, who takes over at 12:01 p.m. next Friday.

Army Maj. Jamie Davis, a spokesman at the Defense Department, said Schwartz is classified as a "non-career status employee." He noted that the interim commander "is ready to assume complete mission" and handle the inauguration.

As is customary, Schwartz, like other presidential appointees, submitted a letter of resignation to give the new administration a clean start. He had done so before, but the Obama administration twice declined to accept it.

The Trump transition team made the decision to accept Schwartz's resignation, according to a military official with knowledge of the situation...

...Another military official with knowledge of the process said the Trump transition team receives lists of political appointees and can decide which resignations to accept. Army officials declined to comment on that part of the process. All resignations are effective at 12:01 p.m. on Inauguration Day.

...Like other deployments, Inauguration Day will be a complicated one for the D.C. National Guard - at least on paper. Since the District is not a state, its mayor cannot call up Guard members to active duty as a state governor can.

The District must send a letter to the secretary of the Army requesting the support. The District and the Army must then go through a seven-step process to initiate the deployment, during which Guard members carry out duties at the request of the mayor and city homeland security officials...

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The General is out, so what? He
    has been replaced.
    May the FORCE be with you!

6. #6 I hope he fires all the prosecutors again like Bush did 
    That was fun to watch , ah the good old days.
    Hillary winning the popular vote but not the EC really only means she was the First Woman to come in Second to Donald Trump in a national election! That is HerStory nothing more and much less than Donald Trump.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    The General is out, so what? He
    has been replaced.
    They moonbats are trying to play this up as a political scandal as Trump is outing him unfairly.
    Klaatu barada nikto

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    They moonbats are trying to play this up as a political scandal as Trump is outing him unfairly.
    The General was a political appt of W. oBAMA kept him on, doesn't
    mean Trump has to.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Wait. Since when is a general the head of a National Guard unit. Usually it's a major or at best a Lt. Colonel, best of my knowledge. Even if they use a full bird colonel, I never heard of a 2 star general as a head of a National Guard unit.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Yeppers! MM played the Race Card, giving the impression that the resignation was forced by Trump, rather than being submitted by the general as a matter of custom. MM also failed to mention that Schwartz had been appointed by Bush rather than Obama. Why Trump & Co. accepted the resignation isn't known. It may even be that the general asked for the resignation to be accepted. He's been in the position for 8 or 9 years.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!