1. #1 Why half of the life you experience is over by age 7 
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    By Ana Swanson July 23, 2015
    Have you ever observed that time seems to be going by faster as you get older?
    There's a reason that one summer seems to stretch out forever when you're a kid, but zips by before you know it when you're 30. That reason is perspective, as a gorgeous interactive visualization, by Austrian designer Maximilian Kiener, demonstrates.
    When you're one year old, a year is literally forever to you -- it's all the time that you've ever known. But as you grow older, one year is a smaller and smaller fraction of your total life. It's like watching something shrink in your rear view mirror.
    This idea has stunning implications. It means that parents actually see their children grow up much faster than children perceive themselves to be.
    It means that waiting 24 days for Christmas at age 5 literally feels like waiting a year at age 54. It might also explain why kids on car trips are always asking that annoying question, "Are we there yet?" A car journey actually feels longer to kids than it does to adults.
    It's a simple concept, but the feeling is explained beautifully by Kiener's interactive. The interactive has you painstakingly scroll through each year, and experience how time seems to speed up as you "get older."
    Moe>https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...you-get-older/
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I've never noticed any time-speed difference. None. Nowadays, Winter seems slower if it's a super-cold one.

And a car-journey seems longer for kids because they're not driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    By Ana Swanson July 23, 2015
    Have you ever observed that time seems to be going by faster as you get older?
    There's a reason that one summer seems to stretch out forever when you're a kid, but zips by before you know it when you're 30. That reason is perspective, as a gorgeous interactive visualization, by Austrian designer Maximilian Kiener, demonstrates.
    When you're one year old, a year is literally forever to you -- it's all the time that you've ever known. But as you grow older, one year is a smaller and smaller fraction of your total life. It's like watching something shrink in your rear view mirror.
    This idea has stunning implications. It means that parents actually see their children grow up much faster than children perceive themselves to be.
    It means that waiting 24 days for Christmas at age 5 literally feels like waiting a year at age 54. It might also explain why kids on car trips are always asking that annoying question, "Are we there yet?" A car journey actually feels longer to kids than it does to adults.
    It's a simple concept, but the feeling is explained beautifully by Kiener's interactive. The interactive has you painstakingly scroll through each year, and experience how time seems to speed up as you "get older."
    Moe>https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...you-get-older/

Yep!! At my age, 80, it seems like Christmas comes around every 3 months, and dental cleaning that is scheduled for twice a year, is every 2 weeks! Know fully what you are saying.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    I've never noticed any time-speed difference. None. Nowadays, Winter seems slower if it's a super-cold one.

I wish I could say that, time flies so fast I can't keep track of it.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I wish I could say that, time flies so fast I can't keep track of it.
    Whaddayamean I've been retired over eight years? It couldn't have been over a year or two!
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post

Actually, the last two months between the election and the inauguration have seemed interminable. Of course, that's Leftists...