Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    What it amounts to is people on the left placing a label on conservative Christians with the intent of demonizing them and creating fear. OH NOES! The CHRISTIANS ARE COMING TO FORCE US ALL TO CONVERT!!!111!!!111!111111!!!1111 Don't confuse advocacy for morality with a theological doctrine. So they're fundies. Big deal.
    I never said that it was a big deal. Simply pointing out that I recognize the difference. You read what you wanted to into what I was saying. I don't fear a Dominionist....as a matter of fact I think I spoke quite clearly earlier about the difference between extremist Muslims and Christians. You were too busy with the name calling to probably notice that I see.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    You don't operate on faith when designing an airplane... society shouldnt operate on faith when drafting public policy. It's simply common sense, that in a pluralistic society, the one common ground between all people is objective, rational thought and methodologies and thats what needs to be employed when we all have to make decisions together. If you want to build a faith powered airplane, you can do that on your own, without forcing the rest of us to take part. Just as if you want to stop gay marriage, you can preach about its 'evils' and your reasons for thinking so, without limiting it by law.
    Read Thomas Woods book "The Politically Incorrect Guide to History" for a second opinion on this. He documents quite well how "religious" society was when this nation was founded and exactly what was meant by the First amendment. The left twists this for their own good.
    For example...Mass. was essentially ruled by religious doctrines.....It was a state issue.

I hate that term....Common Sense. It really means nothing and just tends to be a way of ending the argument by saying, essentially, "you're stupid"
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    See some dominionists in action by watching the Jesus Camp documentary. Check out 10 minutes in when the lady praises the way the indoctrinate kids into Islam in Pakistan and Afghanistan :mad:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...Q&q=jesus+camp

The vaunted "documentary" Fahrenheit 911 was a pretty fair depiction of Bush also!!!!

I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

See some dominionists in action by watching the Jesus Camp documentary. Check out 10 minutes in when the lady praises the way the indoctrinate kids into Islam in Pakistan and Afghanistan :mad:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...Q&q=jesus+camp
    The only people who accepted this a representative of Christians is the people who wanted ammo against Christians. You have be come a dupe for someone else's propaganda.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    The only people who accepted this a representative of Christians is the people who wanted ammo against Christians. You have be come a dupe for someone else's propaganda.
    We were specifically talking about dominionists. I dont think all Christians are like the people who run the camp. There's plenty of footage in the movie of other Christians who are appalled and argue with the lady who runs the camp over her tactics and doctrine.

We were specifically talking about dominionists. I dont think all Christians are like the people who run the camp. There's plenty of footage in the movie of other Christians who are appalled and argue with the lady who runs the camp over her tactics and doctrine.
    Sorry if I misconstrued you intentions. It just really gets my goat when I here people use that documentary as an example of typical born-again Christian behavior. It's like watching the Flintstones and assuming that is typified behavior of Neanderthals. Again, I apologize for my misunderstanding.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Banned
    Sorry if I misconstrued you intentions. It just really gets my goat when I here people use that documentary as an example of typical born-again Christian behavior. It's like watching the Flintstones and assuming that is typified behavior of Neanderthals. Again, I apologize for my misunderstanding.
    No worries.... I'm not THAT bad... sheesh;)

Yeah...I saw it when it was first released. It is not representative of the whole. It tries to portray everyone as blind faith and stupidity and then focuses on another pastor who took a fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    Yeah...I saw it when it was first released. It is not representative of the whole. It tries to portray everyone as blind faith and stupidity and then focuses on another pastor who took a fall.
    It got popular because it plays up to people's stereotypes of rural born again Christians. I believe this was a case where the directory had a prefined view of Christians and then looked around until he found something that fit the bill and then filmed it.

C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    You have a good point about Islam's treatment of homosexuals, but I doubt that many Islamic organizations were politically or financially involved in Prop. 8. Not because they disagree with it, but more because they spend their money on other things.
    The Islamic organizations spend their money on the gradual enactment of Shari'a law. This Prop 8 stuff is simply more grist for their mill regarding the immorality of man-made laws vs. the perfection of Shari'a.
    US Demographics:
    - 78% Christian
    - 0.6% Muslim
    Just sayin... I think that's your answer.
    And, the Christians won't come after them with swords, demand their deaths or stab them in the streets for the insult.
    Just sayin'.
    If you don't think that they are typical, why run the footage? And why is a minor offshoot of Christianity singled out as an excuse for conduct by activists against a far more mainstream denomination? By that logic, we would be justified in treating all Moslems in the US as if they were terrorists and deport or detain them, or quarantining gays over the dangerous sexual practices of the few.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!