Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    If you don't think that they are typical, why run the footage? And why is a minor offshoot of Christianity singled out as an excuse for conduct by activists against a far more mainstream denomination? By that logic, we would be justified in treating all Moslems in the US as if they were terrorists and deport or detain them, or quarantining gays over the dangerous sexual practices of the few.
    because it's acceptable to demonize Christians.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The Islamic organizations spend their money on the gradual enactment of Shari'a law. This Prop 8 stuff is simply more grist for their mill regarding the immorality of man-made laws vs. the perfection of Shari'a.

And, the Christians won't come after them with swords, demand their deaths or stab them in the streets for the insult.
    Just sayin'.

If you don't think that they are typical, why run the footage? And why is a minor offshoot of Christianity singled out as an excuse for conduct by activists against a far more mainstream denomination? By that logic, we would be justified in treating all Moslems in the US as if they were terrorists and deport or detain them, or quarantining gays over the dangerous sexual practices of the few.
    Read the thread to see what the video was in response too.. it was towards Policon claiming that dominionists were mythical and non-existant... and the documentary is about dominionist christians and their indoctrination brainwashing camp.

And honestly people.... wtf is up with this logic? Homosexuals are somehow hypocritical because they are protesting the group that had the largest impact upon the measure they opposed? They simply arent protesting Muslims, because of the perceived threat of violence... instead of the fact that they had little or no impact on the measure at all?
    Last edited by wilbur; 11-19-2008 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Read the thread to see what the video was in response too.. it was towards Policon claiming that dominionists were mythical and non-existant... and the documentary is about dominionist christians and their indoctrination brainwashing camp.
    Like I said - show me a pro-dominionist website. Show me a dominionst publication. Dominionist is a fake label created by the left to be applied to Christians in order to demonize them. The only information out there on Dominionists comes from the left and anti-christian groups.

The problem is not with protests - but with attacks, vandalism, public disturbance - interrupting services and the like. It's just like the way the left refuses to let conservatives speak and when ever possible attack and assault them.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    The problem is not with protests - but with attacks, vandalism, public disturbance - interrupting services and the like. It's just like the way the left refuses to let conservatives speak and when ever possible attack and assault them.
    I agree all that stuff is uncalled for. But people are walking around acting like te mere act of protesting a specifc Christian church is uncalled for.

I agree all that stuff is uncalled for. But people are walking around acting like te mere act of protesting a specifc Christian church is uncalled for.
    and who is doing that?

Banned
    and who is doing that?
    Perhaps a segmant of the homosexual population that is about as representative of the whole as your dominionist jesus camp friends are of christianity.

Like I said - show me a pro-dominionist website. Show me a dominionst publication. Dominionist is a fake label created by the left to be applied to Christians in order to demonize them. The only information out there on Dominionists comes from the left and anti-christian groups.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Protesting is just fine but what we're seeing videos of is not protesting? When the Christian woman had the cross ripped from her hand and thrown on the ground and stomped was that protesting? Threatening Christians will physical harm because they were in the "wrong" part of town praying, that is protesting? What I see happening is not protesting. It is a collective temper tantrum thrown by a bunch of adults who are behaving like spoiled children pissed that they aren't getting their way.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Protesting is just fine but what we're seeing videos of is not protesting? When the Christian woman had the cross ripped from her hand and thrown on the ground and stomped was that protesting? Threatening Christians will physical harm because they were in the "wrong" part of town praying, that is protesting? What I see happening is not protesting. It is a collective temper tantrum thrown by a bunch of adults who are behaving like spoiled children pissed that they aren't getting their way.
    There are also no Christians threatening the lives or calling for hatred of a particular group.
    Yes....The media focused on the Westboro Baptist nuts...but they adhere little to the New Testament principles of Christianity and are not representative of the whole... I doubt seriously that I could call them Christian...more cult like.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor