Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Through the Looking-Glass" - Ralphie's adaptation, 2017 
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Apologies and an acknowledgement to Lewis Carroll. It seemed apropos.

Chapter One : Looking-Glass House

Upon being invited to visit our nation's capital for celebration, companionship and antics revolving around the Inauguration of the 45th President, he leapt at the chance. A peaceful transition of power, celebrating what democracy actually looks like that our wonderful nation has championed for 240 years and counting. It was an easy sell. Several incredibly inconvenient airport security checks, thousands of miles of air travel and countless earned wages seemed well worth the journey.

President-elect #45 was really no one's ideal, on either side of the political aisle. But the result sparked either elation and relief or absolute unhinged outrage. But of course, that would depend on which particular political persuasion one subscribed to. After ages of reading internet articles and posts revolving around every political view from the left of Chairman Mao to the right of the John Birch Society, he decided to forge on. At least attending the festivities would be a better gauge to see what might actually transpire. Comedy had to ensue, he surmised.

A gloomy Friday, January 20th was awaiting him from the nearby suburbs of the District of Columbia. The Weather Channel application on his phone projected a 50% chance of rain. Hey, many news outlets and analysts suggested early and often that the 2016 election would have the exact opposite result. Clearly these pseudo scientists could be wrong on this occasion as well. Being a glass half-full person, optimism reigned. The Metro train awaited him to join the throng of those who arrived to honor the incoming President and our nation. As well as those who absolutely did not approve or even accept the election results.

On this day, something will spring to life. Will they be chess pieces or actual real functional human beings? He continued to ponder...

Chapter Two shall follow soon...
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Ralphie, I gotta know and enough with the ceremonious psycho babble.... is Trump's hair real or extensions from endangered monkey pubes?
    “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    Ralphie, I gotta know and enough with the ceremonious psycho babble.... is Trump's hair real or extensions from endangered monkey pubes?
    Actually Schade, his hair is comprised of those whiskers from baby seals. And he is going to make seals great again!
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    But the result sparked either elation and relief or absolute unhinged outrage. But of course, that would depend on which particular political persuasion one subscribed to.
    Put me in the relief category! At my super liberal workplace, my colleagues were not so much unhinged as they were in total mourning. Me - I was bouncing off the walls. Hahaha.

Eagerly awaiting Chapter 2...
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Did you get fired or threatened with a suspension ?

Damn... I see some peeps I haven't seen in a LONG time

Shad and Jen... how are you two?

Jen how is Zonieville?
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post

Jen how is Zonieville?
    I've been at an undisclosed location with Cheney, Rumsfield, and the other axis of evil.

How the heck have you been?
    “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Actually Schade, his hair is comprised of those whiskers from baby seals. And he is going to make seals great again!

Cool that you were part of the inaugural festivities.

I have to say 2016 was one of the biggest upset races in my lifetime. I seriously did not see it coming, but thankful it went this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post

Jen how is Zonieville?
    I'm with Apache. Glad to see Jen and Schade. Life is too good---Trump moving with lightening speed and seeing old friends.

Jen, are you getting ready for baseball season? Good luck with your team.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Did not get fired or suspended. I'm still pretty quiet about where I stand on things because I am very much in the minority where I work. But that doesn't mean I wasn't silently celebrating.

Agree 100 percent with Schad. I assumed HRC had it in the bag. I believed the polls. I believed that people just wanted to elect a woman like they just wanted to elect a black man - never mind their dangerous policies. I have never been so pleasantly surprised and so happy to be wrong. And the pure heartache and sadness among my smugger than smug colleagues has brought me so much joy and peace the past two months. It really has been fabulous.

Arizona is great. We are having our 1-week cold spell - 35 at nights, 60-something in the day. Another week or so and we'll bust out the tank tops.

Ready for Spring Training. Except my Dbacks are a mess - the entire organization is a disaster. But, hey, this could be our year!
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion