Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    In the greatest nation on gods green earth!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Jesus said to love thy neighbor. Not love thy neighbor under certain conditions...which explains why the christians were in that neighborhood.
    Very good point MrsSmith. I did actualy think about that when I went to bed last night. And then I thought David got threw into the lions den. He didn't just walk in there on his own freewill. Not real sure of the circumstances, but if they were witnessing. I think they should have been a little more cautious before putting themselves in harms way. If it wasn't for the cops I believe someone would have gotten serously injured.
    "With great power, comes great responsibility." Stan Lee

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    HOMOSEXUAL MARRIAGE: A SOCIAL SCIENCE VIEWBy Dr. Laura A. Haynes, Psychologist

Many people have heard that homosexuality is largely genetically determined, homosexual relationships are essentially the same as heterosexual relationships except for the gender of the partners, homosexual parenting and heterosexual parenting are no different in their affects on children, and homosexual marriage will decrease stigma and thereby increase mental health in our society. A social science perspective and research review give a dramatically different picture.

Some say it does not matter who is loving children as long as they are loved. I saw a resume written by a male homosexual couple seeking a birthmother to give her baby to them to adopt. The heading was, “Your Child Will Have Two Loving Dads.” An unspoken consequence was, “Your Child Will Be Motherless.” It is hard to imagine the experience of a child who never had a mother or never had a father. Some psychotherapists who treat children of same sex couples are reporting that the children do long for the gendered parent they do not have.snip
    comments:
    This is a great article. It is a pdf and worth reading by anyone who needs more ammunition to counter gay activist propaganda.
    http://www.narth.com ^ |

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Straightforward View Post
    Very good point MrsSmith. I did actualy think about that when I went to bed last night. And then I thought David got threw into the lions den. He didn't just walk in there on his own freewill. Not real sure of the circumstances, but if they were witnessing. I think they should have been a little more cautious before putting themselves in harms way. If it wasn't for the cops I believe someone would have gotten serously injured.
    "I thought David got threw into the lions den" .Daniel ,not David in the lions den ?

Quote Originally Posted by Straightforward View Post
    One is not suppose to worry about the consequences of spreading the faith, Christ merely calls us to do it. Did the martrys worry about dying when they spread the Gospel 2000 years ago? Have you read Acts and the Epistles of Paul and how he was abused and beaten and imprisioned and eventually beheaded because he considered spreading the faith was more important than his own safety. Christ told us that we would be hated because the world hated him first but that should not hinder the faithful for sharing the truth no matter where it needs to be share..

Some stuff to mediate on.
    Luke 10:1-12
    Jesus Sends Out the Seventytwo
    1After this the Lord appointed seventy-two[a] others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 2He told them, "The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 3Go! I am sending you out like lambs among wolves. 4Do not take a purse or bag or sandals; and do not greet anyone on the road.

5"When you enter a house, first say, 'Peace to this house.' 6If a man of peace is there, your peace will rest on him; if not, it will return to you. 7Stay in that house, eating and drinking whatever they give you, for the worker deserves his wages. Do not move around from house to house.

8"When you enter a town and are welcomed, eat what is set before you. 9Heal the sick who are there and tell them, 'The kingdom of God is near you.' 10But when you enter a town and are not welcomed, go into its streets and say, 11'Even the dust of your town that sticks to our feet we wipe off against you. Yet be sure of this: The kingdom of God is near.' 12I tell you, it will be more bearable on that day for Sodom than for that town.
    Matthew 10:11-16
    11"Whatever town or village you enter, search for some worthy person there and stay at his house until you leave. 12As you enter the home, give it your greeting. 13If the home is deserving, let your peace rest on it; if it is not, let your peace return to you. 14If anyone will not welcome you or listen to your words, shake the dust off your feet when you leave that home or town. 15I tell you the truth, it will be more bearable for Sodom and Gomorrah on the day of judgment than for that town. 16I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves.
    Mark2:15-17
    [QUOTE]While Jesus was having dinner at Levi’s house, many tax collectors and “sinners” were eating with him and his disciples, for there were many who followed him. 16 When the teachers of the law who were Phariseesj saw him eating with the “sinners” and tax collectors, they asked his disciples: “Why does he eat with tax collectors and ‘sinners’?”

On hearing this, Jesus said to them, “It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.”[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by FlaGator; 11-18-2008 at 08:03 PM.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis