Thread: Berg v. Obama and the looming Constitutional Crisis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    The only time I've had to show a birth certificate is for a passport, as far as I can remember. When has any other presidential candidate had to show his/her birth certificate to the American people?

As I've said before, it's a tempting story and I understand why people want to believe it , but if there had been anything to this story the Clintons would have found it.
    McCain did.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by quirites View Post
    Jefferson oddly enough was a violation of this rule - however everyone KNEW where he was born.
    The rule only applied to those born after the constitution was ratified.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

The only time I've had to show a birth certificate is for a passport, as far as I can remember. When has any other presidential candidate had to show his/her birth certificate to the American people?

As I've said before, it's a tempting story and I understand why people want to believe it , but if there had been anything to this story the Clintons would have found it.
    I needed one for a passport as well. My daughter and son needed one to enroll in school. My daughter needed one to play softball for a traveling softball team and to get her driver's license. Had to produce a state-issued birth certificate to play on an age-specific softball team but people question whether he should produce one to be POTUS. I have no idea if he's legit or not. But no one can argue, he goes way out of his way to hide his past.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    I needed one for a passport as well. My daughter and son needed one to enroll in school. My daughter needed one to play softball for a traveling softball team and to get her driver's license. Had to produce a state-issued birth certificate to play on an age-specific softball team but people question whether he should produce one to be POTUS. I have no idea if he's legit or not. But no one can argue, he goes way out of his way to hide his past.

He had a state-issued bc posted on his website. It looks like the kind you get when you send for them, now, not like the one his mother would have gotten back then. It looks like the one I got recently from Indiana. This is a non-issue.

So a court clerk in Hawaii mixed up the term race with place of orgin-I'm sure it isn't the first time. No way would someone purposely creating a fraudulent document make a mistake like that. This is not going to keep him out of office and the people filing the suits are going to end up discredited when it's over.

George Romney (father of Mitt) was born in Mexico in 1907. His family fled from the Mexican revolution in 1910, but George Romney ran for president in 1968. He was eligible to run because he inherited his citizenship through Jus sanguinis (Latin for "right of blood"). Children born to American parents are citizens regardless of location, and the requirements are defined in the US Code. The other means of citizenship is jus soli (Latin for "right of soil"), which declares that anyone born within the US or its territories can claim citizenship, regardless of parentage.
    As for the Clintons finding it, Berg was a Clinton supporter. His lawsuit began during the primaries. Hillary may not have wanted to use this, however, as she realized that winning the nomination through a legal sleight of hand would have permanently alienated black voters and cost her the general election. It would have been a Pyhrric victory for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    He had a state-issued bc posted on his website. It looks like the kind you get when you send for them, now, not like the one his mother would have gotten back then. It looks like the one I got recently from Indiana. This is a non-issue.

So a court clerk in Hawaii mixed up the term race with place of orgin-I'm sure it isn't the first time. No way would someone purposely creating a fraudulent document make a mistake like that. This is not going to keep him out of office and the people filing the suits are going to end up discredited when it's over.
    Actually, because of the issues surrounding Obama's birth, the original birth certificate is going to be a critical piece of evidence, as will any subsequent adoption by Soetero. Part of the problem is that if his parents' marriage was valid, then he had to be born in the US to become a citizen because of his mother's age and his father's status. OTOH, there is reason to believe that his father was already married in Kenya, and that his marriage to Obama's mom was invalid, in which case the issue is moot, as jus sanguinis applies to an out of wedlock birth. Of course, that would make him a bastard and a Democrat, which is redundant. :D

I'm pretty sure that this will not pan out, for the simple reason that the DNC would have been out of their minds to allow a candidate into the process with this hanging over his head. As arrogant as Democrats are, I can't imagine that they'd open themselves up to having their victory invalidated, especially since the suit was brought by one of their own. If Obama were to be disqualified, the schism in the Democratic Party between blacks and feminists would be a permanent rift. It might actually drive black voters back into the Republican camp for the foreseeable future.

It would be the worst possible outcome for them, and that's not even taking into account that Obama's replacement is Joe Biden. :eek:
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!