Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Didn't want the Patriots to win either. Respect and admire the talent of Brady, Belichick, etc. Just don't root for them.

Great damn game, was shocked the Pats came back.
    With me, it's nothing against Brady per se, I just hate the fan base and there's something about Belichick that just rubs me the wrong way.

Last season (SB 50). We have this pretty nice Broncos bar in town. These two old 60ish Massholes would come in on gameday wearing their Jerseys even if the Pats weren't playing. They would sit at the bar near the tv just bitching and moaning the whole time the game was on if the Broncos were doing well. Just being obnoxious assholes to anyone within earshot. Toward the end of the season and going into the playoffs I noticed one night they stopped coming in. I made a remark about it and another patron told me they came in a week prior with doing their routine when two fans caught them on the smoking patio and commenced to beating the hell out of them.

As for Belichick I don't know. I just hate the son of a bitch. I don't expect him to do cartwheels down the field after winning but good grief, he could die, go to heaven and meet Jesus and I'm willing to bet he'd still be a sour faced bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Have to be honest, Lady Gaga put on a very good half time show.
    I agree. It certainly was better than last year's with Beyonce prancing around with all her black lives matter dancers. Lady Gaga has probably reached the stage in her career that she doesn't have to go with the outlandish outfits. And she does have a good voice.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I agree. It certainly was better than last year's with Beyonce prancing around with all her black lives matter dancers. Lady Gaga has probably reached the stage in her career that she doesn't have to go with the outlandish outfits. And she does have a good voice.
    Not a fan myself but I have to give her kudos for just entertaining. I know there were plenty of eyes on her to see if she was going to pull something. Then again it's probably why she was being vague in the first place about it. Pretty smart.

I wonder what the liberal response will be for her not taking the opportunity to make a political/anti-Trump statement. I gained a lot of respect for her because she used her performance for entertainment and not for politicizing.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Anyone notice the cast of Hamilton couldn't help them selves with altering the lyrics of God Bless America?

When did it include "With Sisterhood"?
    That wasn't God Bless America. It was America The Beautiful they sang after that.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

I agree that former President Bush doesn't look well, but I'm glad he got out of the hospital and was able to participate. Barbara looks like she's definitely on the mend, though.

I really enjoyed the half-time show.

I was cheering for the Patriots, so I turned channels after the halftime show, and was happily surprised an hour later when I switched back.

Quote Originally Posted by FourWinds View Post
    Not really. There was an athletic exhibition on par with the WWE. Other than that same old.
    Ric Flair was there?
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    Ric Flair was there?
    No but I'm starting to think Vince McMahon wrote the script.

Quote Originally Posted by FourWinds View Post
    No but I'm starting to think Vince McMahon wrote the script.
    There's nothing to indicate this. No blown calls by the officials. In fact, I think they did a fantastic job. Truth is, the Falcons lost this game. They didn't play smart and all. 3rd and 1 an we're throwing the ball? In field goal range and we start throwing? Dumb.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

I know quite a few NFL players and I can tell you that most have too much pride to throw a game.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.