1. #1 the wonder that is socialized medicine! 
    Cancer Patients Lose Shot at Longer Life in U.K. Cuts

Nov. 17 (Bloomberg) -- Jack Rosser's doctor says taking Pfizer Inc.'s Sutent cancer drug may keep him alive long enough to see his 1-year-old daughter, Emma, enter primary school. The U.K.'s National Health Service says that's not worth the expense.

Rosser, 57, was told the cost of Sutent, 3,140 pounds ($4,650) per treatment for his advanced kidney cancer, was too high for the NHS -- the government agency that funds the nation's health care. The resident of the town of Kingswood, in southwest England, has appealed the decision twice, and next month may find out if his second plea is successful.

``It's immoral,'' Rosser's wife, Jenny, said. ``They are sentencing him to die.''

The NHS, which provides health care to all Britons and is funded by tax revenue, is spending about 100 billion pounds this fiscal year, or more than double what it spent a decade ago, as the cost of treatments increase and the population ages. The higher costs are forcing the NHS to choose between buying expensive drugs for terminal patients and providing more services for a wider number of people.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?p...efer=exclusive
    Kinda gives you a warm fuzzy right in the pit of your stomach - right?
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Cancer Patients Lose Shot at Longer Life in U.K. Cuts

Kinda gives you a warm fuzzy right in the pit of your stomach - right?
    I so look forward to socialized medicine in this country.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis