1. #1 Nestle latest to leave California due to burdensome tax rate 
    estle USA is moving its headquarters from Glendale, Calif., a pocket suburb just miles from downtown Los Angeles, to Rosslyn, Va., near Washington, D.C., and taking 1,200 California jobs with it. Why? As many companies have found, California is an awful place to do business.

The $26-billion-a-year food conglomerate is discreet, of course, about its reasons, citing a desire to be closer to its core customers and other bland corporate pabulum. But the fact is, Nestle and its corporate brethren in California that actually make things are overtaxed and overregulated, and elected officials treat them not as honored members of the community but as rapacious pirates.

A Glendale official, for instance, blithely insisted Nestle's departure was no big deal, but rather an "opportunity." Some opportunity.

Though Nestle has offered jobs to their affected California employees in far-off places like Missouri, Ohio and Virginia, the city seems to think it will be able to fill their own Nestle job void by growing the high-tech job base.

"We just completed a study two weeks ago, which shows that we have more than 1,000 businesses in Glendale that are tech-focused," said Darlene Sanchez, Glendale's deputy director of community development. "We'd like to see some more co-working space that would cater to this burgeoning technology industry that has organically grown here

http://www.investors.com/politics/co...ut-the-lights/

Nestlé's been the subject of a decades-long boycott by the National Council of Churches.

They sell baby formula in third world nations by convincing women not to breastfeed their babies because they tell them formula is better for the children. Yet formula is not free.

There's also some Michigan issue about Nestle plundering the Great Lakes for their bottled water products. I don't know the specifics, though, and much of the blame is being put on the Governor, who is a pretty popular target after the Flint water tragedy.

Yeah, the water thingy was a Hate-Nestle canard here in CA. For some reason, the other companies that purified and bottled water in CA - possibly including Dasani, which is Coca Cola's brand - were not on the attackers' radar screen.

Given that SA's population is 10% or more of the population of the US, the, "closer to our customers," shtick is just Nestle not burning bridges in public.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

I remember how the Moonbats bragged how California was going to be getting all these new businesses would be just FLOCKING to California because they totally progressive in all ways ( like HUGE taxes and massive regulations ).

I see a lot more companies leaving and Californians screams " Don't Leave, PLEASE!!! What we promise to raise your taxes again if ya stay! Why are you giving me the finger?! "
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.