Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    No. the next step will inevitably be someone who wants to have 2 wives. I mean...there's already TV shows about this type thing.
    Or maybe it will be the NAMBLA bunch who argue that 15 year old boys are able to have relationships with adult males. That's what is next IMO.

Sounds reasonable. I can't for the life of me figure out why a man would want 2 or more wives.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the NaÔve.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by dixierat View Post
    Sounds reasonable. I can't for the life of me figure out why a man would want 2 or more wives.

My husband says the laws against multiple wives seem as though they are for the protection of women, but they are really intended to protect men. :D

What happened to this?

Irrelevant posts on the internet, such as this.

At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Banned

Variety ;)

But anyhow... polygamy is a different issue all together.

It has been acceptable at some point in time in most societies, even considered necessary. In our culture today, we generally maintain that women have the same rights as a man, in most cases, and are able to provide for themselves. This generally isnt the case in societies where polygamy is common place (ala, Islamic countries). What is a woman to do in places like those, if she becomes a widow, etc etc?

I think there is a very strong argument against polygamy in today's society from the position of women's rights. It seems most polygamists in the west generally ensnare the ladies when they are underage and keep them uneducated and brainwashed... basically slaves on a baby farm.

Gay marriage does not make the argument against polygamy any weaker.

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    At 17:01 yesterday I expected the sea to rise and envelop the entire L.A. Basin - but I was disappointed. Gay couples began their marriage commitments and my grandson, Logan, didnít sprout horns out of his skull. The sky didnít grow dark, the torrential rains didnít come, the winds didnít howl and the ground didnít shake beneath our feet.
    How come? I watched the news yesterday and there was an old woman crying on the pages of the Holy Book and begging the Lord to forgive the abomination happening across the street at the Beverly Hills court house. She said she was there to uphold Godís Law. I felt so sorry for her.

So whatís up people - the total disruption of our Christian based society? When will it actually begin and what should I - an uneducated heathen - look for: What will be the signs of our doom?

What happened to this?
    That part's irrelevant. My response to the otehr poster was relevant to his post. Try to keep up.

When I was a kid, we were the United States of America, Land of the Free and Home of the Brave. Now, we're America, Land of the Sheep and Home of the NaÔve.

Live each day as if you're going to die tomorrow. Learn each day as if you'll live forever.

A gay community with all gay marriages will die out in 1 generation.

: ďGrow your own dope. Plant a liberal.Ē
    Ē Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

That part's irrelevant. My response to the otehr poster was relevant to his post. Try to keep up.

"otehr"? Shit - no wonder I can't keep up.;)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    A gay community with all gay marriages will die out in 1 generation.
    So gay couples arenít able, some how, to adopt - have a surrogate - or artificially inseminate? Is there a law Iím not up to speed on?

At 17:01 yesterday I expected the sea to rise and envelop the entire L.A. Basin - but I was disappointed. Gay couples began their marriage commitments and my grandson, Logan, didnít sprout horns out of his skull. The sky didnít grow dark, the torrential rains didnít come, the winds didnít howl and the ground didnít shake beneath our feet.

How come? I watched the news yesterday and there was an old woman crying on the pages of the Holy Book and begging the Lord to forgive the abomination happening across the street at the Beverly Hills court house. She said she was there to uphold Godís Law. I felt so sorry for her.

So whatís up people - the total disruption of our Christian based society? When will it actually begin and what should I - an uneducated heathen - look for: What will be the signs of our doom?

It's quite possible that you didn't notice anything because it would be almost impossible for one single event to make California more fucked up and hell bound than it usually is. :D ;)

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    It's quite possible that you didn't notice anything because it would be almost impossible for one single event to make California more fucked up and hell bound than it usually is. :D ;)
    HEY!

That's just...........um........(nevermind).:o