Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Your genes/religion say 'dig holes'... because you're easily killed. You're the 'food source'.

But it doesn't seem to work as well as it did.

'Dig 2 holes, so you can escape' seems to be the new religion.

The food-seekers are relentless.

So you build an elaborate hole-network in proportion to the relentless IQ-level of the seekers, featuring dozens of dead-end tunnels which baffle the IQ of the seekers. They die. They stop devoting serious effort to hole-investigation.

Your newest religion tends to work reasonably perfectly.

THE END.

Next up: Larger eye-sockets of dinosaur-fossils found in 'the land of the midnight sun', and how it made their eggs more tastier/valuable to food-seekers.

I don't know what it all is; creationism, darwinism, evolutionism, whateverism...

1.) When it comes to having a little authority, I have as little as anyone here on CU.

2.) If you are quoting copyrighted material, link it, credit the creators thereof, and do not post the entire text.

3.) This is a discussion forum. IOW, respond to people and discuss what you've posted.

Various versions of what CE posted have been around, that I know of, since the early-mid 1970s: the enormous odds against just one polypeptide evolving in proper sequence and "folding"; there being insufficient material in the universe to accomplish the potentially necessary number of tries; the number of such polypeptides in an organism; the fact that polypeptides act in "cooperative" interdependent combinations.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.

Water Closet Tech ChemicalEngineer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I strongly disagree.
    Friend, you admins need to add a "LIKE" feature. This post of yours would get it.

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalEngineer View Post
    Friend, you admins need to add a "LIKE" feature. This post of yours would get it.
    See the little green rectangle in the upper right corner of the post? That's it.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    ///

the enormous odds against just one polypeptide evolving in proper sequence and "folding"; there being insufficient material in the universe to accomplish the potentially necessary number of tries; the number of such polypeptides in an organism; the fact that polypeptides act in "cooperative" interdependent combinations.
    He said with wisdom and education..

It gets worse. I have never read a treatise on the number and function of precursors required for the successive "selection" to take place in the gradual construction of any, much less all, polypeptides.

In other words, the final formula for human hemoglobin must have required countless steps to achieve, each of which evolutionary biologists say was "selected" from a random mutation. Now what was that precursor doing before it mutated, and what other compound took its place and did whatever it was previously doing? Multiply that by, oh, 10 to the 500 or so just for hemoglobin.

Then there are several thousand other polypeptides to explain away, materialistically, just in humans.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    1.) When it comes to having a little authority, I have as little as anyone here on CU.

2.) If you are quoting copyrighted material, link it, credit the creators thereof, and do not post the entire text.

3.) This is a discussion forum. IOW, respond to people and discuss what you've posted.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    See the little green rectangle in the upper right corner of the post? That's it.
    No fair. It's way too sub tull.
    Gotta activate the darn thing.
    Mostover, mine is a white triangle, not a green rectangle.

But thanks for leading me there, Retread. I owe you now.

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalEngineer View Post
    Mostover, mine is a white triangle, not a green rectangle.*

But thanks for leading me there, Retread. I owe you now.
    *I keep forgetting about device dependency.

Just part of the reason SR has me on the payroll.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

More evidence of the Evolution Fraud

1. All of us have been lectured to death on the growth of hominid skulls, and brains, ultimately achieving homo sapiens in our brilliance.
    BUT, African gray parrots are one of the smartest species on earth. How large is their brain compared to the brain of the blue whale?
    Nobody can talk to a blue whale, and get a response, but African gray parrots show their intelligence in amazing ways.

Likewise small-brained birds navigate thousands of miles, and in the case of the arctic tern, from the arctic to the Antarctic, some 12,000 miles. On that note,

2. IF evolution is achieved in those vaunted small steps, how then did arctic terns, and countless other birds, learn to navigate across continents, and across the Himalayan chain, one small step at a time? The clear answer is, they didn't. They couldn't.

3. Monarch butterflies migrate 3,000 miles, from Mexico to the United States, where they reproduce and then die. Without any experience whatever, new Monarchs fly back to the origins of their parents. And how small is the brain of the Monarch?
    If this is no big deal, let's see some enterprising scientists build a mechanical model of a butterfly, weighing just a few grams, that can
    A. Replenish its fuel alone
    B. Repair any injuries alone
    C. Navigate 3,000 miles and then
    D. Build numerous duplicates of itself.

4. Evolutionary biologists have been furiously breeding bacteria in laboratories around the globe, because bacteria have very short life cycles, and therefore experiments can produce many more mutations in bacteria than in rats or other higher forms of life. They do the same with fruit flies. To date, there have been no new species produced, only freakish fruit flies with deformities that render them hideous or useless.

No worries. They simply make excuses and press on with their research, much the same as SETI, and the global warmers.

La plus ca change, la plus la meme chose.

I don't know enough science to follow this argument on that level. The only class in my high school that dealt with evolution was debate class. I lived among the Dutch Reformed in the early 80s, the science teachers were not going to touch the topic with a 10 foot pole. Neither of my science classes really touched on it, because it was assumed to be fact outside of the world of the Dutch.

As a Christian who is a liberal, I will say this-my faith is founded on salvation through the life, death, resurrection and teachings of Jesus. If Neil de Grasse Tyson proved evolution to be fact tomorrow, it would not change my faith. If I worship a God who can resurrect the dead, well, He is obviously capable of super ceding the natural laws He put into place when it suits Him.