Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Damn! I didn't know that was on!!
    If you have FX you might search the tv listings for it to show again soon.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    I really love her too
    So do I. The attitude of the "impossible girl" was translated to Queen Victoria. I'm glad that I got to watch it the second time. Maybe it's our TV, which we got super cheap at Wal-Mart, and no sound bar, but I have a definite hard time understanding all that Brit talk. So the 2nd time got more of what was going on. In fact for a while we turned on the screen captions.

Haven't watched the Oscars for some time. This year I really had no desire to see it. I hope they revel in their liberal ways while they're losing at least half of the country. Really stupid.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I'm just getting caught up on weekend news items and saw a clip about the snafu last night. I had no idea moonlight was about life as a black person with an all black cast and written and directed by a black man.

After the hubub last year that #oscarsSoWhite nonsense, is anybody surprised that this movie won top billing? Not that I give a shit one way or the other, but it seems like this year's award to moonlight was some form of reparations from the hollywood elite to the black folk.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It was weird. I still think Dunaway and Beatty got it wrong. Warren Beatty looked like he was confused, the way elderly people get. He's elderly now. Price Waterhouse is taking responsibility for the mistake, though.
    It did seem like a senior moment. It's not the first time a mistake has been made and I'm sure it won't be the last.

Variety reports that the ceremony's In Memoriam segment, in which tribute is paid to film industry figures who have died over the past year, featured the wrong photo for the late Australian costume designer Janet Patterson. The woman pictured was Jan Chapman, an Australian producer who is very much alive.
    http://www.refinery29.com/2017/02/14...to-jan-chapman

Opps!