1. #1 The PGA's & NBC's Replacement Tournament 
    for Trump's Doral stop at Mar-a-Lago, is happening this weekend. Last Spring they petulantly announced they were moving the Tournament to Mexico City, in protest of some minor comment Candidate Trump had made.

Now they're stuck... ramping-up the hype for it.

The Doral Tournament, with the course's nickname: The Blue Monster, on NBC's 'Florida Swing', has been around since the 60's (Doral cigarettes). Now it's The Mexico Championship. Unbelievable.

USA TODAY's Golfers Happy-story vanished from Google after a couple hours. So you know they aren't happy. I'm sure everything will be fine, but we won't hear about the awkward SNAFU's. Involving the TV-crews as well.

Today's Breitbart story that says 89% of PGA players would love to go 18-holes with President Trump:

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017...ove-tee-trump/

A golf-course without character, so far. Which isn't a big deal. But the lack of massive crowds is. Doral would've guaranteed a bare-minimum of 80,000 on opening-day... and that's giving the PGA every break in the book.

Yesterday's crowd in Mexico City might've been 40,000... and that's giving the PGA every break.

When was the last time you saw Dustin, Phil, Ricky, etc., play a competitive-round with virtually no followers?

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    A golf-course without character, so far. Which isn't a big deal. But the lack of massive crowds is. Doral would've guaranteed a bare-minimum of 80,000 on opening-day... and that's giving the PGA every break in the book.

Yesterday's crowd in Mexico City might've been 40,000... and that's giving the PGA every break.

When was the last time you saw Dustin, Phil, Ricky, etc., play a competitive-round with virtually no followers?
    Haven't seen this week's event yet. Doral is such a memorable course, and it was a shame to see it leave the Miami area after 50+ years.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Haven't seen this week's event yet. Doral is such a memorable course, and it was a shame to see it leave the Miami area after 50+ years.
    Yeah. Designed in 1962 by master-architect, Pete Dye. Which now the players won't play because of the PGA's little snit-fit.

So be it.

The crowds in Mexico City are increasing as the weekend progresses. Nowhere near what they'd be at Doral on a Saturday, though.

The Mexico course's pin-placement today set a record for 'chip-ins', strangely. I think the final count was 52... the ball rolling-into the cup from off the green. Yet the scoring was about average overall. Justin Thomas leads at -12. He had a hole-in-one on 17, but didn't win anything. At The Blue Monster, he would've won a brand new Cadillac.

Yeah. Designed in 1962 by master-architect, Pete Dye. Which now the players won't play because of the PGA's little snit-fit.

So be it.

The crowds in Mexico City are increasing as the weekend progresses. Nowhere near what they'd be at Doral on a Saturday, though.

The Mexico course's pin-placement today set a record for 'chip-ins', strangely. I think the final count was 52... the ball rolling-into the cup from off the green. Yet the scoring was about average overall. Justin Thomas leads at -12. He had a hole-in-one on 17, but didn't win anything. At The Blue Monster, he would've won a brand new Cadillac.
    He designed many fantastic courses, and ones that are really frustrating to play. Fun, but challenging for my skill level. Which still hovers between a 1 to 7 handicap.

Dye designed this course when my late Grandfather was the Club President. Will be hosting the female version of the Ryder Cup this summer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Des_...d_Country_Club

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    He designed many fantastic courses, and ones that are really frustrating to play. Fun, but challenging for my skill level. Which still hovers between a 1 to 7 handicap.

Dye designed this course when my late Grandfather was the Club President. Will be hosting the female version of the Ryder Cup this summer.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Des_...d_Country_Club
    Wow. Looks superb. -Finishing with a long par-5. I know I've seen it, but it's not registered in my memory. I'll be watching this Summer.

Dye is sort-of like the Frank Lloyd Wright of golf-course design. He 'invented' the curved-fairway concept. England and America had been using an offset tee-area to then approach the green on straight fairways. He also created 'peninsula' situations, though his peninsula-tee idea hasn't caught-on as much as the peninsula-green finish. He's famous for landscaping and importing soil and vegetation. I think he used to create his own soil-mix for a particular course.

And his wife invented the 'ladies tee' area and the idea of incorporating the concept of forward-and-back tee placements.

Wow. Looks superb. -Finishing with a long par-5. I know I've seen it, but it's not registered in my memory. I'll be watching this Summer.

Dye is sort-of like the Frank Lloyd Wright of golf-course design. He 'invented' the curved-fairway concept. England and America had been using an offset tee-area to then approach the green on straight fairways. He also created 'peninsula' situations, though his peninsula-tee idea hasn't caught-on as much as the peninsula-green finish. He's famous for landscaping and importing soil and vegetation. I think he used to create his own soil-mix for a particular course.

And his wife invented the 'ladies tee' area and the idea of incorporating the concept of forward-and-back tee placements.
    His wife also came up with the idea of the island green on #17 at TPC Sawgrass.