Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 2 in 3 Believe Values of Most Americans Not Shared by Hollywood 
    I guess this comes as no big surprise, but it is not to see it validated.
    majority of the people in America believes TV and movie executives do not share the religious and moral values of most people in the country, according to a recently released survey.

Released during the Anti-Defamation League (ADL)’s 2008 Annual Meeting in Los Angeles, the national poll of 1,000 American adults found that 59 percent of Americans agree that "the people who run the TV networks and the major movie studios do not share the religious and moral values of most Americans."

Furthermore, the poll found that 61 percent of Americans continue to believe that religious values in this country are "under attack."

"The belief that religion is under attack underlies the drive to incorporate more religion into American public life,” commented ADL National Director Abraham H. Foxman in the report’s announcement last Friday.
    Read the rest here

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Power CUer
    "Other questions asked by the survey included whether "dangerous ideas should be banned from public school libraries" .......Thirty-eight percent of respondents agree with the [former] statement and 59 percent disagree.

Whew, at least there's still some acceptance of free speech. :o
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    "Other questions asked by the survey included whether "dangerous ideas should be banned from public school libraries" .......Thirty-eight percent of respondents agree with the [former] statement and 59 percent disagree.

Kind of. Try being a kid in school and wearing a t-shirt promoting heterosexual monogamy, pro-life views, or sports involving firearms. There's your free speech right there. Oh, wait! Free speech now looks like an inside out t-shirt! :p

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

I have come to the conclusion that there is no such thing as free speech. There is simply unregulated speech and regulated speech. The fact that some speech is regulated means that there is no real free speech. It's like a half a truth. Half a truth is a whole lie.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Kind of. Try being a kid in school and wearing a t-shirt promoting heterosexual monogamy, pro-life views, or sports involving firearms. There's your free speech right there. Oh, wait! Free speech now looks like an inside out t-shirt! :p
    Christians are denied free speech every day in this formally great country.In schools,at work,in public at gatherings and now even in their churches.

You must be sensitive to the feelings of a critter that is having its sex 'readjusted ' to match its feelings of inadequacy and sexual confusion .Its rights are much more important than yours and the right to what ever lieux d'aisances they may require. The forces of 'progress ' and their 'fellow travelers' have put an end to Our free speech in the name of 'fairness and inclusion.

It doesn't matter if these deviates are are at the low edge of humanity with their abhorant tastes in sex with animals ,human and actual.The 'big tent 'of the former Democratic party has been usurped in the name of 'Fairness' and 'understanding' and anything goes if they bring cash and riots into play for Homosexual equality and deviates 'rights' !

Banned
    Many more people today seem to be vocal with dissenting opinions towards religious beliefs... but this doesnt mean religion is under attack... as in persecution.

It just means that increasingly, religious views are subject to the same sort of criticisms that every other idea is subject to (or should be). In other words... the immunity from criticism that religion has enjoyed for so long is (hopefully) over.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    oh yea. Free speech in public Schools. Wow. http://www.pioneerlocal.com/oakpark/...908-s1.article
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Many more people today seem to be vocal with dissenting opinions towards religious beliefs... but this doesnt mean religion is under attack... as in persecution.

It just means that increasingly, religious views are subject to the same sort of criticisms that every other idea is subject to (or should be). In other words... the immunity from criticism that religion has enjoyed for so long is (hopefully) over.
    oh bullshit. When people are being told that they cannot wear a cross at work - that's persecution.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    oh bullshit. When people are being told that they cannot wear a cross at work - that's persecution.
    Are you referring to some specific situation here?

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Are you referring to some specific situation here?
    a court case here in pa a few years back where a teachers aid was released from her job for wearing a cross.