Thread: 2 in 3 Believe Values of Most Americans Not Shared by Hollywood

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    Dude, it's called acting. Jimmy Stewart's gone, and he's never coming back.

At least you can appreciate The Mighty Jon Voight in Transformers playing a REAL SecDef... :p

~QC

Never meant to imply it was anything else. It is acting. Colin Farrell did a great job of it playing FBI Special Agent Danny Wetwer in Minority Report. The Wetwer character was a very pious Christian who prayed twice on screen. Once before engaging in fisticuffs with the movie's hero protaganist and once before he was executed by the movie villain. I felt that Farrell did a very good job of pulling that role off.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Never meant to imply it was anything else. It is acting. Colin Farrell did a great job of it playing FBI Special Agent Danny Wetwer in Minority Report. The Wetwer character was a very pious Christian who prayed twice on screen. Once before engaging in fisticuffs with the movie's hero protaganist and once before he was executed by the movie villain. I felt that Farrell did a very good job of pulling that role off.
    Very good point and something I hardly noticed being a fan of the film. Nice observation.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I don't go see a lot of movies at the theater, I have HBO and a dvd player and generally wait to watch them on one or the other.

What I've noticed is that there aren't many happy movies out there. Most are dark, violent and many are stupid. I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet, and know that it is coming onto video in December. I've read good reviews, but I have heard its really intensely violent and very dark in tone. I'm kind of hesitant to see it, or I would have gone to the theater.

I watched Elizabeth: The Golden Age on HBO recently and found that to be good. I really liked Hairspray, and so did my nieces.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't go see a lot of movies at the theater, I have HBO and a dvd player and generally wait to watch them on one or the other.

What I've noticed is that there aren't many happy movies out there. Most are dark, violent and many are stupid. I haven't seen The Dark Knight yet, and know that it is coming onto video in December. I've read good reviews, but I have heard its really intensely violent and very dark in tone. I'm kind of hesitant to see it, or I would have gone to the theater.

I watched Elizabeth: The Golden Age on HBO recently and found that to be good. I really liked Hairspray, and so did my nieces.
    whats essentially different in the Batman movies of late is that the violence much more resembles violence portrayed on screen prior to the film MPAA ratings. Yes their is stabbing, and bullets and fighting....but you see little blood, if any and most of the really violent scenes are portrayed with peoples backs to you or out of the camera shot.
    At least that's my take.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Super Moderator Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    Are you referring to some specific situation here?
    You really aren't paying attention are you?

The Theater worker in California just got fired/resigned under pressure for espousing his pro prop 8 views.

The Christians who were assaulted in the Castro district,

Christianity is under a full out assault and YOUR freedoms as well as mine are at risk if the anti-Christians succeed.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.