1. #1 For a limited time only 
    http://www.aprilthegiraffe.com

HARPURSVILLE, N.Y. — April the giraffe had a “very active night” but otherwise there were no physical or behavioral change as the wait for the birth of her fourth calf continues.

She settled in at around 5 p.m. and got a few good naps in, according to Animal Adventure Park’s Facebook page, which also said there wasn’t much else to report on physical or behavioral changes.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

I was "on duty" as a docent at the St Louis Zoo when I heard from my fellow volunteers that the baby giraffe had been born, right in the outside giraffe yard, with a bunch of little kids watching. It just went plop and fell to the ground. Those babies have to be tough to survive that fall.

They had tried to not have so many giraffes, as there is limited space in the zoos. They had put special pellets in their food, sort of a birth control for giraffes, but it didn't work. Baby giraffe appeared.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I was "on duty" as a docent at the St Louis Zoo when I heard from my fellow volunteers that the baby giraffe had been born, right in the outside giraffe yard, with a bunch of little kids watching. It just went plop and fell to the ground. Those babies have to be tough to survive that fall.

They had tried to not have so many giraffes, as there is limited space in the zoos. They had put special pellets in their food, sort of a birth control for giraffes, but it didn't work. Baby giraffe appeared.
    Fox61.com also has the feed on and then add some still they have picked from the days viewing. Today it is April's nose and her 18" tongue letting the viewing public know what she thinks of their spying.

Something is going on. It's now noon in NY and the animal compound feed has been off since sometime last night while the fox61 feed is showing a night view. Power problems at the compound? Or birthing time and they pulled it down?