Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    8,417
    Kelly really made a huge mistake taking on Trump to promote her career. Her career is now going to go to hell. If she would have just done her job at Fox, I actually think she could have gotten O'Reilly's spot at some point. She's smart, but she let her ambition and being the center of attention go to her head. She has now all but guaranteed she'll be working at some affiliate station in ten years.

    Megyn forgot the #1 rule of journalism: Never be the story.

    Oh, and speaking of stories, this one is false, fake news.
    Last edited by Articulate_Ape; 03-12-2017 at 07:26 PM.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Southeast.
    Posts
    7,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Kelly really made a huge mistake taking on Trump to promote her career. Her career is now going to go to hell. If she would have just done her job at Fox, I actually think she could have gotten O'Reilly's spot at some point. She's smart, but she let her ambition and being the center of attention go to her head. She has now all but guaranteed she'll be working at some affiliate station in ten years.

    Megyn forgot the #1 rule of journalism: Never be the story.

    Oh, and speaking of stories, this one is false, fake news.


    The thing is no Trump supporter has been able to adequately explain what Kelly did that was so wrong. She didn't report fake news. She simply asked challenging questions. They were questions to give Trump a chance to explain why he was still conservative enough despite his really not being conservative in a lot of areas. It gave him a chance to explain why he should be president despite this and that. IOW, Kelly was asking the questions a lot of us were thinking. Some of you all act like nobody should have dared ever challenged Trump at all. I don't think that challenging him was a mistake, especially since he's now one of the most controversial presidents we've ever had. I think this actually made her career better. You don't get ahead in the media by never making waves. My only real problem with Kelly is that she shows her boobs too much.

    Now, if you all will excuse me, I need to go to find my tampons since only cranky women challenge Trump.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Ape Articulate_Ape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    NJ, Exit Only
    Posts
    8,417
    She asked a real "gotcha" type question right out of the gate and in an antagonistic​ fashion. Beyond that she not only allowed it to snowball, but helped it along at every opportunity. Had it been for some sort of journalistic integrity, that would be one thing; and I could even respect that, but it so clearly was not. It was sensationalism for the sake of attention. Kelly saw what she thought was her Warholian ten minutes and went for it. She has ridden the drummed up "scandal" to a new gig at NBC.

    She will be forced to compromise and sacrifice her conservative bona fides at NBC which will lose her what remains of her conservative audience. In the end, I believe she will eventually be relegated to the second string at NBC until she's left working for some affiliate somewhere.

    No matter the details, but Megyn Kelly's career has peaked early because of her choices, and the end of her career has begun.

    I'm usually right when I make such predictions, BUT on the off chance I am proven wrong, I never said any of this. This post will have been all in your mind. Of course I will have disposed of this post I never wrote by that time and will deny even under threat of death that I never wrote it. In fact, I'll have you know that you aren't reading this right now.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member cadillac shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    She asked a real "gotcha" type question right out of the gate and in an antagonistic​ fashion. Beyond that she not only allowed it to snowball, but helped it along at every opportunity. Had it been for some sort of journalistic integrity, that would be one thing; and I could even respect that, but it so clearly was not. It was sensationalism for the sake of attention. Kelly saw what she thought was her Warholian ten minutes and went for it. She has ridden the drummed up "scandal" to a new gig at NBC.

    She will be forced to compromise and sacrifice her conservative bona fides at NBC which will lose her what remains of her conservative audience. In the end, I believe she will eventually be relegated to the second string at NBC until she's left working for some affiliate somewhere.

    No matter the details, but Megyn Kelly's career has peaked early because of her choices, and the end of her career has begun.
    Agrees... because it followed weeks and weeks of-- I won't say hype, but important buildup to the serious business of getting rid of the looming clinton/obama progressive-agenda, which the Republican-debates would launch.

    And what did we get for the first question after weeks and weeks... ? A ponderously trivial gotcha about private reactions to quibbling women.

    I went from having a good degree of respect for Kelly, to you gotta be kiddin' me zero respect... in less than 90-seconds.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    7,844
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I'm usually right when I make such predictions, BUT on the off chance I am proven wrong, I never said any of this. This post will have been all in your mind. Of course I will have disposed of this post I never wrote by that time and will deny even under threat of death that I never wrote it. In fact, I'll have you know that you aren't reading this right now.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    50,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The thing is no Trump supporter has been able to adequately explain what Kelly did that was so wrong. She didn't report fake news. She simply asked challenging questions. They were questions to give Trump a chance to explain why he was still conservative enough despite his really not being conservative in a lot of areas. It gave him a chance to explain why he should be president despite this and that. IOW, Kelly was asking the questions a lot of us were thinking. Some of you all act like nobody should have dared ever challenged Trump at all. I don't think that challenging him was a mistake, especially since he's now one of the most controversial presidents we've ever had. I think this actually made her career better. You don't get ahead in the media by never making waves. My only real problem with Kelly is that she shows her boobs too much.
    Now, if you all will excuse me, I need to go to find my tampons since only cranky women challenge Trump.
    The inner workings of Lanie's brain.
    Up and down up and down night and day connected to nothing.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southern Nevada
    Posts
    25,186
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The thing is no Trump supporter has been able to adequately explain what Kelly did that was so wrong. She didn't report fake news. She simply asked challenging questions. They were questions to give Trump a chance to explain why he was still conservative enough despite his really not being conservative in a lot of areas. It gave him a chance to explain why he should be president despite this and that. IOW, Kelly was asking the questions a lot of us were thinking. Some of you all act like nobody should have dared ever challenged Trump at all. I don't think that challenging him was a mistake, especially since he's now one of the most controversial presidents we've ever had. I think this actually made her career better. You don't get ahead in the media by never making waves. My only real problem with Kelly is that she shows her boobs too much.

    Now, if you all will excuse me, I need to go to find my tampons since only cranky women challenge Trump.
    Her ratings proved otherwise.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •