1. #1 Seattle Anti-Landlord Measure Takes Tyranny to Surreal Extremes 
    Leftists have always had a particular hatred of landlords, probably based on their feeling that housing should be provided free of charge. So it is no surprise that when it comes to leftist tyranny, abuse of landlords is at the cutting edge:

With a heavy-handed new law that is the first of its kind in the nation, Seattle has set its regulatory crosshairs on landlords, attempting to police their inner thoughts and eliminate the possibility that their decisions could be motivated by “implicit” or unintended bias.

Known as the “first in time” rule, the mandate forces landlords to rent to the first qualified applicant, rather than choosing the best fit from among prospective tenants.

Sponsors contended that this unprecedented restriction is needed because traditional anti-discrimination laws do not protect against unconscious prejudices. Landlords, it was alleged, can’t be trusted to make decisions based on their “gut instincts,” because there’s no way to know whether those instincts are “pure.” The only solution is to take away their right to make discretionary decisions altogether
    http://moonbattery.com/?p=82161

The feeling must be amazing to believe yourself as smart as these leftists do.

What makes it possible is being stupid enough to believe it.

Known as the “first in time” rule, the mandate forces landlords to rent to the first qualified applicant, rather than choosing the best fit from among prospective tenants.
    What a load of BS.

I have rental property and I'm very selective to who I rent to and in some cases would rather go without the income then rent to someone I felt that would be an issue. On one of my properties in MS I've had the same tenants for over ten years now.

Gee, why won't any MSM outfit connect the dots: 1) punitive anti-landlord laws/regs; 2) housing shortage; 3) crazy-high housing costs. #1 also could include lunatic permits & approvals processes and fees, environmental laws, and "open space" laws.
    Last edited by SVPete; 03-16-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

It's Seattle, it doesn't have to make sense.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi