1. #1 Ryan: Health care plan must change to pass the House 
    House Speaker Paul D. Ryan said Wednesday that his health-care proposal must change to pass the House, marking a significant retreat from his earlier position that the carefully crafted legislation would fail if substantially altered.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...cid=spartandhp

Without going into particulars of the bill, it is what can be done versus a fictional what the GOP opponents would like done. Killing this also kills tax reform, economic recovery and the future of the GOP, not to mention the future of the country. The Freedom Caucus and senators, Cotton, Paul and Lee need to get their heads out of their rear ends and stop the grandstanding. The Club for Growth has just come out against the bill, they are open borders, free trade, never Trump, crony capitalist, establishment, beltway bubble crap weasels. My best wishes for the arm-twister in chief.

The other one really trying to block it is AARP. I've been getting messages, including today, with links to our local rep saying to vote against it. So there will be a lot of pressure. What a surprise for AARP, the supporter of ObamaCare, to be against this bill.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Even Ted Cruz is willing to bite the bullet and vote for this. Most of the Freedom Caucus supported Cruz for president. Do they seriously think that A President Cruz could have done any better? McConnell's next window of opportunity to scrap the filibuster is January 2018; the reconciliation process is the only one open at the present time and it will not allow complete repeal. These [many expletives deleted] conservatives need to support the president's agenda which is going to be the possible and not always the perfect. They have been throwing red meat at their voters for years and now they dare to sit on their high horses and watch what is likely the last chance for America and their party go down in flames.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    The other one really trying to block it is AARP. I've been getting messages, including today, with links to our local rep saying to vote against it. So there will be a lot of pressure. What a surprise for AARP, the supporter of ObamaCare, to be against this bill.
    I seen a television commercial from the AARP condemning any changes to the ACA citing how bad things will be for everyone yada yada yada

Someone told me (I don't remember when) that the AARP was a registered lobbyist for some large insurance companies.

I don't know if that is true, but I wouldn't doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Banacek View Post
    Someone told me (I don't remember when) that the AARP was a registered lobbyist for some large insurance companies.

I thought the AARP was a large insurance company.

Quote Originally Posted by Banacek View Post

AARP is always selling their endorsement to different insurance companies for home, auto, life and health.