1. #1 Regarding the tea leaf reading of Diane Feinstein's body language after the Comey mee 
    link

Tommy_Carcetti (28,564 posts)
    Regarding the tea leaf reading of Diane Feinstein's body language after the Comey meeting yesterday.

Have you ever been in a situation in your life where you have a suspicion that something bad has gone on, that all signs and evidence point to something bad having gone on, but before you receive definitive proof of that bad thing, it's still just theoretical and out there in the ether?

And then you finally receive proof positive confirmation that what you've suspected all along is in fact the truth, and it just slams you like a huge blow? Even though you've been proven right, because of what has just been proven right is such a downer, instead of wanting to gloat, you just feel absolutely dejected because it proves the worst in people? That you'd rather be proven wrong because the truth is so much worse of a reflection of people?

I honestly think the Senators in that meeting received proof positive confirmation that the person who is the sitting President of the United States colluded with a foreign power in order to influence the US presidential election. And that is horrible and that is unprecedented in this country's history because it weakens us. Our national sovereignty and independence was compromised to the core.

There's no reason for Diane Feinstein to be smiling or feel smug about that. There's no reason for any of us to smile or feel smug about that. It's the truth, the utterly depressing truth.

When the US House committee began to vote to start impeachment proceedings against Richard Nixon following Watergate, some of the members voting had tears in their eyes as they voted yes. The tears were not for Richard Nixon. The tears were due to the gravity of the situation and the sobering truth and undertaking they were being called to carry.
    Or they found out there was nothing to link Trump to Russia/no collusion and their response was a horrified, "now what do we do to get rid of Trump" and "now what do we tell everyone" look.
    mulsh (2,514 posts)

3. Her eyes and expression looked the same when she announced Moscone and Milk had been killed.

Her supervisor office was in between the mayor and Milk's office, she'd heard the shots. She had just felt for Milk's pulse before meeting the press and public and making the announcement. Same look in her eyes and expression on her face.

I've seen Difi in public and in private moments over the years. I worked across the street from her private office on Pacific St. in SF when she was not in public service. I don't claim to know her but I can assure you that was not a very happy or comfortable Difi standing next to the gobsmacked Grassley yesterday.
    Cracklin Charlie (3,305 posts)

78. The way they looked at each other...

There were a couple of instances in the clip from yesterday, where the two senators locked eyes very briefly.

I felt like I was looking in on a disturbing secret that they shared. The quick glance had sort of a "what will we tell the children" quality about it.

The looks between them were unnerving, to say the least.
    monmouth4 (3,487 posts)

4. She did look as if to break down and cry. It's bad, whatever it is. The both of them already know

45 is a crooked criminal with huge russian ties. I think it must be something additional..
    bathroommonkey76 (1,339 posts)

165. This is the second time Feinstein has been caught on video after meeting with Comey

The first time she had tears in her eyes-- What would cause tears in a senator's eyes? My take is this... Feinstein and Grassley both know their colleagues in the senate are involved-- Years of friendship would cause tears and numbing looks.
    KittyWampus (55,069 posts)

6. It seems to go further than Trump. We're going to need rolling impeachments.

It's of paramount importance for Democrats to position things so that they have a say in who the first VP pick is and then who the second VP pick is.

Preferably two very moderate Republicans from the Senate.

With the understanding that their replacements WILL be Democrats.
    Eyeball_Kid (764 posts)

28. The Constitution is clear about lines of succession. It doesn't include your scenario.
    Stonepounder (1,691 posts)

36. It is a valid scenario.

Trump is impeached and removed.
    Vice-President becomes President - Mike Pence
    New Vice-President is chosen - NVP*.
    Mike Pence is impeached and removed.
    New Vice-President becomes President - NVP*.

*NVP = New Vice-President

Tommy_Carcetti (28,564 posts)

56. My dream scenario is that....

Trump gets impeached and removed, a humbled and embarrassed Mike Pence becomes President, chooses Hillary Clinton as his Vice President, and then he resigns out of shame and embarrassment of his association with Donald Trump.

And then we get Hillary Clinton, the popular vote winner of the 2016 election, as the 47th President of the United States and a great wrong upon this country is righted.

Hey, I said it's my dream scenario. I have no illusions that anything of the sort could ever happen because I know Mike Pence would never be capable of that sort of humility and magnanimity.
    delisen (464 posts)

81. Unless politician decide to pressure him into a deal.

Yes these are long shots and often Democrats in office have other reasons for not attempting to set things right. As politicians they are deal makers, and sometimes their deal making does not reflect justice.

If the evidence for collusion is incontrovertible, the Trump/Pence ticket did not win. Installing Pence does not heal, it further divides because for him to benefit and gain the power to shape America and our lives is unjust to the citizens.

We need to start demanding justice for ourselves as citizens as voters, or else we the people are without meaningful power.

If we demand justice and lose---another illegitimate president and the rest of the world will at least be put on notice-and that will curtail the illegitimate president's power to make radical changes and be a strong sign that democracy is going town over authoritarianism.

In 2000 the argument for Bush was that he would be irreparably harmed if if there was a recount. The standing of the people, the voters, our right to have our votes counted should have been paramount. If millions of people had protested at the time, things today would be very different.

I agree that Pence would not willingly do the right thing.
    tavalon (27,624 posts)

174. The more likely scenario

Is they are both impeached because they are inextricably locked together with the many people who had substantive conversations with the Russians. Sadly, that means the Speaker of the House would ascend to the office of President and he will get to pick the new VP. Now if Ryan is also indicted and there is no evidence even hinting at that, then the succession goes? I've never bothered to research further than the Speaker who is unspeakable.

I've fought with so many people about the need to impeach Trump because they say, without fail, that Pence would be worse. But lately, thanks a great deal to my return to watching Rachel Maddow, whom I had given up on, leads me to the inevitable conclusion that Pence has a big ass red X on his head too. Trump will stay until he's impeached and removed from office. Will Pence? Hmmm.

BTW, if you gave up on Rachel as many BernieCrats, now called Justice Democrats, get thee back there. She is breaking news almost daily. I would call her the Woodward/Bernstein of our generation but really she's more Dan Rather in his prime. Seriously, get over yourselves and watch. History is being televised.
    It's a long thread with much speculation based on their idiotic confidence that Trump is colluding with Russia.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post

It's a long thread with much speculation based on their idiotic confidence that Trump is colluding with Russia.
    And, apparently, an ignorant belief that they can maneuver the sequence of progression of the presidency.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

The rumor I've heard is that everything related-to Trump has been dropped, and the investigation is squarely centered around John Podesta's brother, Russia's largest bank; Sherbank, and the Clinton-campaign.

I honestly think the Senators in that meeting received proof positive confirmation that the person who is the sitting President of the United States colluded with a foreign power in order to influence the US presidential election. And that is horrible and that is unprecedented in this country's history because it weakens us. Our national sovereignty and independence was compromised to the core.

There's no reason for Diane Feinstein to be smiling or feel smug about that. There's no reason for any of us to smile or feel smug about that. It's the truth, the utterly depressing truth.
    Alternative explanation: Feinstein received, again, the bitterly disappointing news that the Vladers' obsession is groundless.

mulsh (2,514 posts)

3. Her eyes and expression looked the same when she announced Moscone and Milk had been killed.
    Yeppers! She heard bad - for Progs' dreams - news.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.

This is what Feinstein's body-language is reacting to:

http://observer.com/2016/04/panama-p...in-connection/

Remember the Panama Papers?

Nobody called it 'fake news'.

KittyWampus (55,069 posts)

6. It seems to go further than Trump. We're going to need rolling impeachments.

It's of paramount importance for Democrats to position things so that they have a say in who the first VP pick is and then who the second VP pick is.

Preferably two very moderate Republicans from the Senate.

With the understanding that their replacements WILL be Democrats.

Eyeball_Kid (764 posts)

28. The Constitution is clear about lines of succession. It doesn't include your scenario.
    Please ease off on the reality.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    The rumor I've heard is that everything related-to Trump has been dropped, and the investigation is squarely centered around John Podesta's brother, Russia's largest bank; Sherbank, and the Clinton-campaign.
    That's what I've heard, too. If it had to do with Trump, it would be wall-wall. Jeezuz (D)Ummies..........
    Life is hard (D)Ummies. It's even harder when you're stupid.
    -paraphasing John Wayne