Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1 Taxpayers will not have to foot the bill if Las Vegas airport is renamed 
    Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southern Nevada
    Posts
    26,100
    CARSON CITY — Taxpayers will not be on the hook if supporters of Harry Reid are successful in getting the Las Vegas airport renamed for the former U.S. senator.

    http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/po...-vegas-airport
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Springfield, USA
    Posts
    19,607
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    CARSON CITY — Taxpayers will not be on the hook if supporters of Harry Reid are successful in getting the Las Vegas airport renamed for the former U.S. senator.

    http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/po...-vegas-airport
    Interesting. No idea who McCarran was despite having been in the airport numerous times.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southern Nevada
    Posts
    26,100
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Interesting. No idea who McCarran was despite having been in the airport numerous times.
    I never researched who McCarren was, but I'm pretty sure his family would be insulted with a name change of the airport to Dirty Harry's Landing Strip.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member Dlr Pyro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    So. Cal
    Posts
    2,798
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    I never researched who McCarren was, but I'm pretty sure his family would be insulted with a name change of the airport to Dirty Harry's Landing Strip.
    dirty Harrys landing strip sounds like a cool name for a strip club.



    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

    "Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member cadillac shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,672
    It's for the guy who created the McCarran Act, isn't it? He was a Dem from Nevada. Pat.

    We had to study about it... It reigned-in 'un-American' activities by forcing subversive groups or individuals to register with the US Attorney General. You lost your citizenship for 5-years, if not. Truman vetoed it, but Congress overrode it.

    But the real reason for the airport related association was his work to create The U.S. Air Force, separating it from The U.S. Army.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Dan D. Doty's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pevely, Missouri
    Posts
    5,306
    Maybe Harry can a special lounge for all mob guys who got free chips, rooms , booze and hookers in Vegas ; I had pay for all those myself , Harry.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.


    Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member cadillac shark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,672
    Featuring 'belt dances', where the customers sit in customized airline-seats... and dancers belt-them-in.

    -With unreasonably high drink-prices, just like on a real flight.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Southern Nevada
    Posts
    26,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    dirty Harrys landing strip sounds like a cool name for a strip club.



    Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •