1. #1 ICE Deports Ethiopian Who Committed Female Genital Mutilation on His Daughter 
    WARNING: Two images in this report involve female genital mutilation and are graphic and disturbing

Ethiopian citizen Khalid Adem, 41, who was living in Georgia in 2006 when he was convicted of committing the federal crime of female genital mutiliation (FGM) of his own 2-year-old daughter using scissors, was deported to Ethiopia by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement on Monday, March 13. Adem, who was convicted in Gwinett County, Ga., had served 10 years in prison for his crime.

As ICE stated in a press release, "Khalid Adem, 41, a native and citizen of Ethiopia was convicted in Gwinnett Country, Georgia, of aggravated battery and cruelty to children in the first degree on Nov. 1, 2006, and sentenced to 10 years imprisonment

http://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael-...n-his-daughter

I'm not going to follow the link and view images of this. It's a horrific practice, I read Ayaan Hirsi Ali's account of how it was done to she and her sister.

I don't know if it would be better for states to pass laws specifically forbidding the practice or if is should just be prosecuted like it was in this case, as a case of aggravated assault. If this guy had been a citizen, and not "deportable", I would like to think he would get a very, very long sentence.