1. #1 New Jersey passes bill forcing presidential candidates to release tax returns 
    New Jersey lawmakers this week passed legislation that would force any presidential and vice-presidential candidates to disclose their federal tax returns in order to appear on the state's ballots starting in 2020, the Wall Street Journal reported Friday.

The bill was approved in the Democratic-controlled state legislature along party lines and awaits a signature from Gov. Chris Christie, an ally of President Trump. Christie's office has not yet made an official statement on the legislation.

The bill was inspired by Trump, who refused to release his tax returns on the campaign trail and since entering office, breaking with years of election tradition.

If the bill is enacted, Electoral College voters wouldn't be able to cast a vote for any candidate who didn't disclose their tax returns

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...-candidates-to

NJ doesn't have the authority to do this. This will be challenged and NJ will lose and be embarrassed in the process.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    NJ doesn't have the authority to do this. This will be challenged and NJ will lose and be embarrassed in the process.
    Off hand, last I knew, states have right to set the requirements for candidates to get on their ballot (this being a prime reason why it's so hard for 3rd party/independent candidates to get on all 50 ballots) Why exactly would this requirement be illegal? Not that I think it's good law mind you, just curious.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Off hand, last I knew, states have right to set the requirements for candidates to get on their ballot (this being a prime reason why it's so hard for 3rd party/independent candidates to get on all 50 ballots) Why exactly would this requirement be illegal? Not that I think it's good law mind you, just curious.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Because it's a 4th amendment issue. It's not a constitutional requirement for a candidate to show their returns on a national level so a state can't impose a law that supersedes the constitution. These are the requirements in nj which jibe with federal law. Requiring the release of tax returns violates the 4th amendment. https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_acces..._in_New_Jersey
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American