1. #1 Veterans Affairs Hospital Prioritizing Sex Change Treatment Over Caring For Vets 
    A government audit revealed that a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) hospital that boasts about its program for 20 transgendered individuals fails to adequately care for its remaining 110,000+ patients.

The hospital in question is the Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center in Cleveland, Ohio.

It has made headlines in recent times for being the first Veterans Affairs hospital to open a health clinic for transgender veterans.

In a CBS article, Evan Young – president of the Transgender American Veterans Association – is quoted as saying, “the VA has been stepping up their game,” in reference to the hospital’s opening
    https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/0...rs-sex-change/

I knew a guy at my previous church who claimed that his sex change was paid for by the VA. He was a Vietnam vet, older and was a very unattractive woman. He also didn't wear flashy clothes or anything, dressed in boring plaid skirts and sweaters. He also was a Lesbian because he still dated women. If you're going to dress drab and still date women, what's the point?

I hope that they drain the swamp at the VA. The vets need better care and the admin needs to use their funds more wisely. In my previous sales experience, I saw some very silly decisions made on things purchased. I'd actually try to get them to downsize some of their purchases. It's bad when the sales rep is the conservative one trying to spread their funds further.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

This is why even though I'm a veteran, I still pay for health insurance through work and everyone who knows me knows to tell the ambulance to take me to a regular hospital even though we have a brand new VA hospital in town. I'll pay out of pocket to go to an Urgent Care before I'll grace their doors. At least then I can show money or my card and get treatment with a quickness.

Quote Originally Posted by FourWinds View Post
    This is why even though I'm a veteran, I still pay for health insurance through work and everyone who knows me knows to tell the ambulance to take me to a regular hospital even though we have a brand new VA hospital in town. I'll pay out of pocket to go to an Urgent Care before I'll grace their doors. At least then I can show money or my card and get treatment with a quickness.
    The VA is helping us with our dad, big time. Right now it's out of one of the better-run programs, the one in Tampa, but we're moving him to MI and he'll probably get services through the programs in Battle Creek.

Currently, he thinks every Sunday is Easter because they are selling Easter candy in the stores. He must have his Peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by FourWinds View Post
    An administrator with the VA told me that her dad was a vet, and she had a little card made up for him to put in his wallet instructing an ambulance driver in case of an accident or serious illness to NOT take him to the local VA. I used to get angry when I'd see what was going on there, when I'd walk down the halls on the way to the purchasing office.

The VA in Sarasota seemed to be much better. They've been good to SR's dad.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    An administrator with the VA told me that her dad was a vet, and she had a little card made up for him to put in his wallet instructing an ambulance driver in case of an accident or serious illness to NOT take him to the local VA. I used to get angry when I'd see what was going on there, when I'd walk down the halls on the way to the purchasing office.

We have a VA hospital in Muskogee, I take a neighbor their for treatment often.
    He has never complained, he gets excellent prompt care and the people are very courteous and professional, I envy him.
    Pffffffffffffffffffffff! Buh Bye Big Ears
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The VA is helping us with our dad, big time. Right now it's out of one of the better-run programs, the one in Tampa, but we're moving him to MI and he'll probably get services through the programs in Battle Creek.

Currently, he thinks every Sunday is Easter because they are selling Easter candy in the stores. He must have his Peeps.
    I'm so happy they are helping your father.

My grandfather received decent care from the VA years ago at their Iowa City hospital. He had to travel monthly for gold and silver shots for RA.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post

That might be where my dad's worker comes from. He went to Bay Pines for his initial diagnostic work up for the post-polio syndrome (and the effects that his service had on the condition), and then got all his follow up locally. His condo is in Rotonda West, near Punta Gorda. That's not far from Sarasota.

I hope he gets as good of services in Michigan as he has gotten in Florida. He's going to an assisted living program in West Michigan so my sister and I can look after him.