Thread: QUEERLY BELOVED:eHarmony.com to match 'gays' (I can't wait to see the tv commercials!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25
  1. #1 QUEERLY BELOVED:eHarmony.com to match 'gays' (I can't wait to see the tv commercials! 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    eHarmony.com to match 'gays'

    Dating site promoted by James Dobson bows to lawsuit, creates special service

    Internet dating service eHarmony has officially agreed to begin matching homosexual couples, beginning next year.


    The popular California-based service has been known for focusing on long-term relationships, especially marriage, which has been said to align with founder Clark Warren's early work with Focus on the Family's evangelical Christian base and perspective.

    Warren, a psychologist with a divinity degree, has had three of his 10 books on love and dating published by Focus on the Family. It was an appearance on James Dobson's radio program, in 2001, that triggered a response of 90,000 new referrals to the website, starting a climb of registered participants on the site from 4,000 to today's 20 million clients.

    As WND reported, the company originally said it was " based on the Christian principles of Focus on the Family author Dr. Neil Clark Warren." It stood firm on its decision to reject homosexuals from its profiling and matching services. Its entire compatibility system is based on research of married heterosexual couples.

    In 2005, Warren told USA Today the company's goal is marriage and that same-sex marriage is illegal in most states.

    "We don't really want to participate in something that's illegal," he said.

    But now the company has been compelled to changed its nationwide policy as part of a New Jersey lawsuit settlement.

    On March 14, 2005, Eric McKinley filed a lawsuit against eHarmony, claiming the company discriminated against him when it refused to accept his advertisement for a "gay" partner.

    McKinley's complaint triggered a state investigation into the dating service.

    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=81446
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,639
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    eHarmony.com to match 'gays'

    Dating site promoted by James Dobson bows to lawsuit, creates special service

    Internet dating service eHarmony has officially agreed to begin matching homosexual couples, beginning next year.


    The popular California-based service has been known for focusing on long-term relationships, especially marriage, which has been said to align with founder Clark Warren's early work with Focus on the Family's evangelical Christian base and perspective.

    Warren, a psychologist with a divinity degree, has had three of his 10 books on love and dating published by Focus on the Family. It was an appearance on James Dobson's radio program, in 2001, that triggered a response of 90,000 new referrals to the website, starting a climb of registered participants on the site from 4,000 to today's 20 million clients.

    As WND reported, the company originally said it was " based on the Christian principles of Focus on the Family author Dr. Neil Clark Warren." It stood firm on its decision to reject homosexuals from its profiling and matching services. Its entire compatibility system is based on research of married heterosexual couples.

    In 2005, Warren told USA Today the company's goal is marriage and that same-sex marriage is illegal in most states.

    "We don't really want to participate in something that's illegal," he said.

    But now the company has been compelled to changed its nationwide policy as part of a New Jersey lawsuit settlement.

    On March 14, 2005, Eric McKinley filed a lawsuit against eHarmony, claiming the company discriminated against him when it refused to accept his advertisement for a "gay" partner.

    McKinley's complaint triggered a state investigation into the dating service.


    http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=81446
    And yet, gay marriage wasn't supposed to change anything for anyone else. Churches wouldn't be forced to conduct gay ceremonies, dating services wouldn't be forced to provide gay hookups, etc. So much for that line.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,804
    New eHarmony ad:

    "Are you a 'top' in search of a 'bottom's' bottom? Are you a bear-lover? Are you searching for that special someone who will poke your pooper? Then sign up for eHarmony today!"
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

    Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sonora, Texas
    Posts
    4,117
    I would put in software that made for some absolutely horrible matchups. And the ads I would portray them as the biggest and most offensive stereotypes possible. Complete with the silk scarf and carrying of ridiculously small dogs.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    BSR
    Guest
    "Queerly Beloved" made me laugh.. :D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,852
    I can't believe they didn't provide the service already. Someone in their biz dev dept needs to be fired. Leaving fist fulls of cash on the table.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    I can't believe they didn't provide the service already. Someone in their biz dev dept needs to be fired. Leaving fist fulls of cash on the table.
    You should sign up for one of the Disneys Love Boat Gay Cruises.Wall to wall queers and there you are the only straight (At least I assume so ) on board and nowhere to hide for a week !
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    You should sign up for one of the Disneys Love Boat Gay Cruises.Wall to wall queers and there you are the only straight (At least I assume so ) on board and nowhere to hide for a week !
    It's no secret that your best chance at finding women to meet on a weekend night is at the gay bar, where they feel safe, secure and don't feel like prey. I bet the cruise would be even better.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    It's no secret that your best chance at finding women to meet on a weekend night is at the gay bar, where they feel safe, secure and don't feel like prey. I bet the cruise would be even better.

    Yes the woman would feel safe from the gays but how about you ?Most woman who hang with gays are very ugly and are called 'fag hags' !As for gay cruises Disney recently was involved in a law suit from a man who booked his family aboard and unknown to him it was also booked by several large and raunchy gay clubs .
    The cruse was an total abomination for he and his young family.Can you imagine an entire cruise liner loaded with drunk and stoned gays some nude sun baithing on deck and in the kiddie pool playing grabAss while young kids are around ?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,852
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

    Yes the woman would feel safe from the gays but how about you ?Most woman who hang with gays are very ugly and are called 'fag hags'!


    uh huh..... whatever you say

    As for gay cruises Disney recently was involved in a law suit from a man who booked his family aboard and unknown to him it was also booked by several large and raunchy gay clubs .
    The cruse was an total abomination for he and his young family.Can you imagine an entire cruise liner loaded with drunk and stoned gays some nude sun baithing on deck and in the kiddie pool playing grabAss while young kids are around ?
    Now that is funny!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •