Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic Rose View Post
    For some people, personal morality trumps money-making.

As a private company, eHarmony should have every right to offer their services as they see fit.

There are Homosexual oriented dating sites out there, why is it necessary that they use this one?
    Completely agree, CR.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    I can't believe they didn't provide the service already. Someone in their biz dev dept needs to be fired. Leaving fist fulls of cash on the table.

Why? They are making plenty of money NOT serving gays and lesbians and I am sure a good chunk of those who do use it used it because it DID NOT cater to gays and lesbians. It was the CEO's business model and he has (or should have) the right to do business with whoever he wants.

I used to own a gas station and I can tell you right now that I would not have hired an openly gay applicant to work for me and the reason for it (though not on paper) would have been because he was gay. If he had been qualified in every other way, being gay would have disqualified him. It would have been that reason alone why he could not work for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I used to own a gas station and I can tell you right now that I would not have hired an openly gay applicant to work for me and the reason for it (though not on paper) would have been because he was gay. If he had been qualified in every other way, being gay would have disqualified him. It would have been that reason alone why he could not work for me.
    I don't know about that. He'd certainly know how to work the pumps. :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I agree... its their right to make dumb business decisions and the lawsuit was.... stupid.

But they settled... no courts forced them to do anything.
    people settle because it's cheaper and easier in the long run to give in - which is often the reason why people bring such suits in the first place.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I doubt they would have to fight dozens of them if they simply chose to fight the first one and won.
    bullshit. They would continue to throw shit at e-hrmony until something stuck. It's the standard operating procedure of the left. Look at Gay Marriage. They have lost time and again and they still keep coming back and beating themselves senseless to get their way.
    And the 50k was part of the settlement if I understand that right... It doesnt seem like its something they would have to pay if they had gone to court and won.
    no they would have instead have had to have paid MILLIONS in legal fees over a span of years.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.