1. #1 Vandals charged with turning a Jewish family's menorah decoration into a swastika 
    link

TexasTowelie (37,059 posts) Vandals charged with turning a Jewish family's menorah decoration into a swastika

Arizona police have arrested four suspects in an apparently anti-Semitic act of vandalism that made national headlines in December.

The Chandler Police Department says that a 19-year-old man and three younger boys were responsible for dismantling a Jewish family's PVC pipe menorah and turning it into a swastika while the family slept.

The police department said Clive Jamar Wilson, 19, will face charges of criminal trespass and aggravated criminal damage for the destruction of the family's yard decoration. Three boys, who were not named because they are under 18, face the same charges in juvenile court. Kevin Quinn, a police spokesman, said police are still investigating and have not determined whether to label the young men's actions a hate crime.

Seth Ellis built the Hanukkah decoration in December for his sons, ages 5, 7 and 9, who said they wanted lights outside their house like their friends who celebrate Christmas. The seven-foot-tall menorah, made of $100 worth of PVC pipe and painted gold, stood outside until the sixth night of Hanukkah - when the Ellis family woke up to find that it had been twisted into a symbol of hate.

Read more: http://pilotonline.com/news/nation-w...5490a2c1b.html
    What the article doesn't tell you is that the oldest boy is BLACK. Maybe the others are as well but since they are juveniles I haven't seen anything about their race and there is no pictures.

msanthrope (37,418 posts)

2. I'm really saddened....and at the same time, I really would love to have a

detailed explanation from the perpetrators.. ..

This wasn't just vandalism. This took some targeting, some preplanning, and some smarts. The eldest arrested is Black...not a neo Nazi.

Simple vandalism would have been knocking the thing over and taking Pieces away...... this required time in effort that you don't normally see in teenagers.
    democratisphere (1,848 posts)

3. drumpf enabled environment.
    This was DU when they did this

link

Behind the Aegis (41,043 posts) Vandals turn a Jewish familys home menorah into a swastika

Source: Washington Post

When Naomi and Seth Ellis’ young sons said that they wanted lights on their house in Chandler, Arizona, like all their neighbors’ Christmas decorations, the parents knew what to tell their three Jewish boys: Yes.

---snip---

After the boys went to bed on the sixth night of Hanukkah, someone dismantled their special menorah and turned it into a giant swastika.

“We talk a lot about the importance of equality and tolerance, loving everybody no matter what,” Naomi Ellis said. “I had to tell them that not everybody feels that way. Some people are ignorant, and this is what they do.”

She watched tears well up in her 9-year-old son’s eyes as she explained.

“They know about the Holocaust. They know about Nazis,” she said. But before Friday morning, the three children — ages 5, 7 and 9 — had never before seen a swastika, the symbol of the Nazi party that carried out the murder of 6 million Jews and of current-day hate groups.

picture

Read more: http://www.heraldnet.com/news/vandal...to-a-swastika/

Just a reminder...
    calimary (43,647 posts)

9. Looks like The Mark of the Deplorables.
    still_one (50,386 posts)

12. This is getting worse and worse. Trump seems to have embolden them

RKP5637 (44,220 posts)

26. Trump, has given them permission to do as they damn well please. We saw that in his

hate filled rallies, he endorsed their hatred, sided with them, and worshiped their racism and bigotry. He seems intent in turning the US into a very hateful place with lots of division and isolation. And then look at his picks/appointees. What a cast of characters.
    The only "hate" at Trump rallies was the hate that liberals verbalized and displayed toward Trump and anyone who supported him.
    raccoon (25,138 posts)

13. Thanks, Trump. All his bigoted, racist talk encouraged (and still does)

oxygen wasters like those who did this.
    heaven05 (13,791 posts)

31. shades of 1933 nazi germany

the brownshirts are and will be, in numbers, roaming our neighborhoods looking for likely victims. Their fuhrer told them this was okay and his son-in-law is jewish....but since he's the uber rich son of a crooked real estate magnate, he's different. Right?

*sigh*

So, another day ending in a "y", at the cesspool.

*sigh*
    Life is hard (D)Ummies. It's even harder when you're stupid.
    -paraphasing John Wayne

msanthrope (37,418 posts)

2. I'm really saddened....and at the same time, I really would love to have a

detailed explanation from the perpetrators.. ..

This wasn't just vandalism. This took some targeting, some preplanning, and some smarts. The eldest arrested is Black...not a neo Nazi.
    That's hilarious! A DU regular nukes the Neo-Nazi Narrative in the 2nd response, and DU-folk are too blinded by their Trump-Hatred to understand the narrative was nuked! Even 31 responses into the thread!

I realize people find news where the find it, but why did TT post an article from almost the width of the continent away from Chandler, AZ instead of the Valley of the Sun's local major daily, The Arizona Republic? It certainly raises the suspicion that the linked article was chosen because it lacks a picture of the perp; the Arizona Republic's article included a picture of the perp.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Those who can, do.
    Those who know, teach.
    Ignorant incapables, regulate.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Really DUmmies??? Well read this.

26. Obama has given them permission to do as they damn well please. We saw that in his

hate filled rallies, he endorsed their hatred, sided with them, and worshiped their racism and bigotry. He seems intent in turning the US into a very hateful place with lots of division and isolation. And then look at his picks/appointees. What a cast of characters.

This already happened...my edit obviously.
    Speaking Truth to Power DUmmies!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

There are a lot of people of all races who hate Jews. I don't think Trump is one of them, as his daughter married a Jewish man, and I think that they are raising their children in the Jewish faith.

Louis Farrakhan is a prominent black man who hates Jews, though. I got into it with one of my friends once about him-my friend is not anti-Semitic. I asked her how she could stand to listen to someone speak who hates Jews and most other white people as much as he does. She had no answer, except that Farrakhan speaks to the liberation of the Black race. I asked her "liberation from what? How can a man who hates Jews liberate his race by trashing another group?", and she didn't have an answer. I told her that "great Neptune's ocean will never wash Malcolm's blood off his hands", which 1. she didn't get because she never read Macbeth, and 2. pissed her off because she couldn't respond to my accusation about those responsible for Malcolm X's death.