1. #1 Store closings/cut backs 
    Article Here

Just FYI -

List of stores nationwide that are closing or cutting back include these names - Ann Taylor,
    Eddie Bauer, Cache, Lane Bryant, Fashion Bug, Talbots, J. Jill, Gap Inc., Foot Locker, Wickes Furniture, Levitz, Zales, Piercing Pagoda, Disney Store, Home Depot, Macy's, Movie Gallery, Hollywood, Pacific, Pep Boys, Sprint Nextel, J. C. Penney, Lowe's, Office Depot, Ethan Allen Interiors, Wilsons the Leather, Bombay Company, KB Toys, Dillard's Inc., Linens and Things, Starbucks and Sharper Image.

Of course this effects those Americans working in the stores, but it also effects many people overseas since the products are made overseas.

All those anti-americans overseas are going to get a swift kick in the butt when we stop buying their items.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Nordstrom, Target and The Avenue weren't on the list, so I'm relieved.

I always give my brother's kids Target gift cards for Christmas. I'm going to give my mom a Nordstrom gift card this year, and the Avenue needs to stay in business until I drop two more sizes.

i do most of my shopping online to avoid sales taxes anyhow so . . . . none of this effects me.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Power CUer
    I'm doing my part to make sure Eileen Fisher stays healthy and in the black. :D
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I'm doing my part to make sure Eileen Fisher stays healthy and in the black. :D

Nordies has been having some really good prices on clothes this fall. I got a Tahari dress there a couple of weeks ago-a $165 dollar dress marked down to $97. With my weight loss, I had to get some nice clothes to wear for work/church. I bought a dress at Macy's in October for $29, marked down from about $70.

I think I saw the Eileen Fisher stuff of sale at Nordies, too, but it was all separates and I was looking for dresses.

Looking over the list of businesses, it's obvious that some are hurting because of idiotic management decisions made long before this current upheaval. J. Jill, Ann Taylor, Lane Bryant, and Talbot's all had a come to Jesus moment last winter when they discovered that kicking their core demographic to the curb may have been....unwise. Eddie Bauer had a similar wake-up call in a somewhat different way.

Let's see, in my town....
    Sportsman's Warehouse closed (I'm still upset over that)
    Linens & Things is closing
    Circuit City is closing
    Mervyn's is closing

We've never set foot in a Mervyn's, but we've been getting some great deals at the other stores. Merchandise is marked 40-50% off right now. Great time to shop if you've got the cash.

rm -rf obama*

If buying giftcards for gifts...be careful!

Have a gift card laying around that you have never used?

Sell or Trade!

http://www.swapagift.com/

Or buy cards at a deep discount!