Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    [QUOTE=Teetop;9445The earth warms and it cools. It always hasa, and always will. Except now, Al Whore and da few others are trying to scam everyone.[/QUOTE]

Yep - it always hasa. ;)

Which isnít the point of the global warming science, donít you know - itís the possibility of AN ACCELLERATED RATE, that may be caused by manís actions.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

I've got a link somewhere to that kid who turned all the numbers for the global warming community upside down last year. Basically his little "adjustment" resulted in the top 5 most recent years not being so hot as was originally believed. Some years in the early part of the 20th century were jockeying for top postiions.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Volcanoes contribute to global warming too. If we could use them to produce electrical energy by uncorking the lava, would it be acceptable to do so - because of our piss-poor-planning? There are 800 million cars on the planet presently. By 2050 itís projected there will be three times as many. Somewhere thereís a tipping point where we wonít be able to clean up our own shit.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Yep - it always hasa. ;)

Which isn’t the point of the global warming science, don’t you know - it’s the possibility of AN ACCELLERATED RATE, that may be caused by man’s actions.

The problem is that we don't really know enough to measure the rate and then attribute the rate to man made causes. The data for historical climate change going back more than about 50 years ago is sketchy as best. Hardly good enough to separate out the factors that may or not have been made by Man.

Global climate is a very complex system. We don't how to model or even measure properly.

For instance, in 2004 there was a major study that indicated the earth was getting warmer. Come to find out that 50% of the measurements were taken at universities and weather centers in the US, which is only 6% of the surface area. At the same time only a few measurements were taken in Siberia that was undergoing a significant cooling spell. Many scientists signed their name to that bogus report. It is even in the credits of Algore's movie.

There have been significant climate changes since the end of the dinosaur era, leading to the evolution of Man. During Man’s time on earth there has been significant climate change and we have adapted. We will adapt in the future regardless of the reasons for the climate change.

If some stupid Left Winger thinks that we can somehow keep the earth in some perfect weather system by recycling more or driving smaller vehicles or whatever then he/she is a first rate dumbass.

gator
    Volcanoes contribute to global warming too. If we could use them to produce electrical energy by uncorking the lava, would it be acceptable to do so - because of our piss-poor-planning?
    You want to take a stab at trying to engineer that? How about power distribution?

Don't say stupid things.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    You want to take a stab at trying to engineer that? How about power distribution?

Don't say stupid things.
    Well shit - you wonít tell us how to build smaller - more environmentally friendly nuclear power plants!:D

Vepr
    Hah! Our collective softeness and lust for comfort and ease of use will trump any environmental concerns that would effect our standard of living. Even our tree huggers are wasteful and slovenly when it comes to the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    Hah! Our collective softeness and lust for comfort and ease of use will trump any environmental concerns that would effect our standard of living. Even our tree huggers are wasteful and slovenly when it comes to the environment.

So again, that begs the question - with more global consumers of these things we covet so much coming on line, does that mean a finite amount of resources draws our standard of living down from the point we enjoy presently?

Vepr

So again, that begs the question - with more global consumers of these things we covet so much coming on line, does that mean a finite amount of resources draws our standard of living down from the point we enjoy presently?

Resources becoming scarce could very well cause a drop in standard of living down. I was pointing out that we will talk a good game about saving the environment but we won't let that stand in our way of comfort while there are still resources out there to be used up hand over fist. Support the environment unless it means I can't get my daily double frapachino thingy and then I want rain forrests leveled! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    Support the environment unless it means I can't get my daily double frapachino thingy and then I want rain forrests leveled! ;)
    Bingo. ;)